How And When You Discovered Children Of Bodom?

It was the time which I loved bands like Sepultura or Cannibal Corpse (meaning I love them now as I loved time ago) and wanted to download more metal songs (the good ol' WinMX), and I've downloaded also some songs of CoB

The first one that I've listened to was Touch like an Angel of Death, then Bed of Razors, Downfall, Black Widow, etc.

Then I've just LOVED them :headbang:

(It was when I was 12 - 13 years old, now I'm 18 so 18 - 12 = 6 years ago.. :kickass:)

I used to jam with my neighbor and he was showing me some metal songs because the only hard stuff I listened to was like System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold. He played the song 'Everytime I Die' and I loved the harmonized guitar parts. So I went home and downloaded a shit load of songs and was hooked when i heard Bed of Razors! This was about two years ago.

I was about... 8 or 9 years old when I heard Hate Me!, and I didn't even listen to metal back then but I thought it was really good. Then a few years after it my friend sent me Hockey (it's Downfall wiuth Antero Mertaranta's legendary commentaries about Finland winning the hockey WC in 1995) and I was all :OMG: and went and bought FTR. Then I listened to it and was all :worship: and in 2 months I had all their albums except the live cds.

PS. I don't have Hockey anymore, I lost all my music when I got a new computer...:cry:

ive been listening to them since the first album came out in 97. probably didnt care much for them until around 98...infact maybe it was 98. not sure now...hmm. i was pretty young...listening to nirvana...guns n roses...slayer...lol...
i live in the uk but have family and friends throughout europe and in finland. got given their album by an older relative from finland who was really into metal and new upcoming bands and stuff.
liked them but really started to get into them in around 2000. saw them live in london mean fiddler in 2003 for the first time. which was pretty cool.
seen them at bloodstock, london astoria in 2006 and unholy alliance etc. seen them live across europe and now work as a photographer at most of their gigs...they are definately my fave band.
looking forward to blooddrunk. very much!

Die.

Got into bodom for the first time when my friend asked me if i'd like to borrow his Hatecrew Death Roll album, this was around the times when HDR came out, and instantly fell in love with Needled 24/7 and Angels Don't Kill :D

I first discovered COB through Metal Disc, mail order catalog. I ordered the Hate Me! CD single with Hellion, cause I was really into WASP and I had to check it out. It was the beginning of the end for me, been loyally addicted to COB ever since. :kickass:

I first discovered Children of Bodom back in my second semester of freshmen year in High School (I'm now a junior). I just got done buying an iPod not to long ago from eBay and I wanted to get some music in it. I didn’t have quite a selection of songs so I asked one of my buddies (who are all punk, thrash, metal heads, and more) to add some of their favorite music in there. Two days later I receive my iPod back, and I play my iPod on shuffle. While I didn’t know this at the moment, the first song I heard was Wrath Within from the Hatebreeder album. The next day I asked him to fill it up with all the albums he owned from them! I was instantly hooked to metal and all other types of genres.

lol, listening to 'video game style' solos with my friends (hatebreeder) and thinking "These guys are good, too bad they'll never make enough maney to do anything in life"

I was on Norther's myspace page and saw them on the friend list. I listened to Hate Me! and decided they were pretty cool.

A friend of mine bought Follow the Reaper and he totally loved it. I never really listened to it until he started playing drums to it all the time. I loved the lead-in to the chorus of "Bodom after Midnight" and that's what popped my COB cherry.

i was talking to my friend in sweden, who gave me a link to a CoB song. i was fuckin' hooked. going to seem them on gigantour in may. can't fucking wait. jfac, in flames, high on fire, and MEGADETH will be there too... but my main focus is cob. first song i ever heard of theirs was LAKE BODOM. really awesome stuff. twas nearly a year ago, me thinks.

Metal Recommendation Thread on UG... :D

Found them under melodic-death and checked them out...

friend from finland gave me a link of LAKE BODOM after that it was heaven !!!

COB COB COB !!! COB COB COB !!!

YEAOOWWW!!!!

One day as i was listening to some kind of radio i heard Lake Bodom. At the beggining the song sounded familiar, and i know it was COB, untill then it was the only song from them i have listen to. And since that day, I`ve been listening to COB untill now.