How And When You Discovered Children Of Bodom?

I can't remember exactly.. It was 1997 and we were playing a small show down in Helsinki and I heard something about a band called Bodom, so being in a small band I decided to check out what this was about and I listened to something wild with a few friends and thought it was some weird music, but good. I didn't follow them until like a year after hatebreeder when I heard that album and thought it was fucking amazing. Then I went to a few shows, was pretty awesome. We were going to open for them, but we decided to end the band.. Now I really regret it.

When I started playing guitar, 5 years ago, when I was 9 years old, my cousin played me a bunch of their classic melodic stuff like "Silent Night,Bodom Night", "Lake Bodom", and "Downfall". After that, I was hooked on bodom. When AYDY came out, I wasn't too impressed but some of the songs on it were ok, like "Are You Dead Yet", "Next In Line", "Living Dead Beat", "In Your Face", and "Punch Me I bleed". Those were the songs I could listen to without getting the total urge to change the song, but the other songs were just a bunch a shit riffs that don't match stuck together. I heard the new song "Banned From Heaven" and I was seriously impressed. It was a good mix between the theme of AYDY, the whole aggresive kinda thing, and their old melodic stuff. I really hope the rest of Blooddrunk is like this, or better.:kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang:

I saw a recommendation of COB's music on a local music magazine. So I listened to it and it was exactly like they introduced. I was hooked!

it was 2 years ago I guess, when I saw a topic about them in a forum. I listened to Everytime I die and I was a little confused and shocked by Alexi's voice because it was the the first time for me to hear this kind of singing lol.
A couple of days later I listened to that song again and I found it interesting and downloaded the whole album =P

ive been listening to them since the first album came out in 97. probably didnt care much for them until around 98...infact maybe it was 98. not sure now...hmm. i was pretty young...listening to nirvana...guns n roses...slayer...lol...
i live in the uk but have family and friends throughout europe and in finland. got given their album by an older relative from finland who was really into metal and new upcoming bands and stuff.
liked them but really started to get into them in around 2000. saw them live in london mean fiddler in 2003 for the first time. which was pretty cool.
seen them at bloodstock, london astoria in 2006 and unholy alliance etc. seen them live across europe and now work as a photographer at most of their gigs...they are definately my fave band.
looking forward to blooddrunk. very much!

started to listen to them around hcdr really got into hcdr song itself after a friend burned me a music cd with sonata/nighwish stuff like that and he said, hey check this out sometimes... ever since, cob's like drugs ><

Well its some time ago and i remember going in the local music store where i saw Children of bodom's Tokyo warhearts album. Went home and listened to them. I was then in love :saint:

i discovered it from a game video... it was so interesting and extreme... it was about 3 years ago. I wish really i discovered cob 10 years ago

It was back in 1999 when I was visiting my cousin and played "silent night, bodom night" for me. I had recently gotten into metal via stratovarius and back then CoB was something very unique. (no, I'm not saying they aren't unique anymore) The hatebreeder album just blew my mind. I was like, "man ,now this something you call awesome ". Maybe that's the reason HB is still the best CoB album IMHO.

I was downloading Cradle of Filth, and limewire had a song

"Downfall - Cradle of Filth" I was like "uhhm.. I wasn't aware they had a song called downfall." So I downloaded it and it turned out to be Children of Bodom. I've loved them ever since.

It was back in like.. grade 11 or something. So back in 2005.

omg i only found out about them in march of '07 i am so ashamed. i saw an add of esp and of course there was a pic of alexi in revolver mag, so i checked them out... also through nightwish, in deleted scenes from wishes 2 eternity, saw alexi again. they're my fav band now!!!

It was probably like 2 years ago, my friend send me some bodom song and I just hated them cuz I wasn't into metal back then, and after some times of listening I was really hooked. I think it was Angels don't Kill.

it was back when i was a Iron Maiden freak. saw korea video for lake bodom. got freaked out how heavy it was. came back to it in about 2 weeks. it blew me the fuck away and will always. Bodom will always be the best.:kickass::heh::headbang:

uhmmm i was watching a best metal of 2005-06 countdown and IN YOUR FACE came on and i was like...holy hell....these people are the best band on the world ever....then i realized that they were not a one hit wonder band...and that every song they've ever made(yes even the oops i did it again cover) is awesome shit

It was on MSN messenger.
A friend asked me if I liked them.
I told her that I never heard of Children Of Bodom.
She then sent me "Bed Of Razors" and "Kissing The Shadows", and I got hooked ever since.

Was 1 or 2 years ago.