Rate every album

Something Wild:
+ Personal, realistic sound, neo-classical.. for those who enjoy it.
- You can sense some lack of professionalism in terms of songwriting.

Hatebreeder:
+ Excellent musical thought has been given to most of this album's songs.
- Sound quality is nintendo.

Follow the Reaper:
+ Nice atmosphere created with keyboards and guitar. Some great songwriting as well.
- Not heavy enough, and bad sound work makes it even worse.

Hate Crew Deathroll:
+ Best sound quality. Atmosphere changes into impressive playing techniques and killer riffs.
- Absence of emotion in music.

Are You Dead Yet?:
+ Powerful attitude. Best intro.
- Absence of keyboards. Bad tone plus low cutoff frequency in guitars. Spiritless.

Tie My Rope:
+ Promises the return of fruity bodom sound. Striking, with a taste of techno.
- Vocals. Happy chorus & solos.

Something Wild- 9/10
Fun album with cool vocals.
Best songs: Deadnight Warrior, Red Light in my Eyes, Lake Bodom.

Hatebreeder- 6/10
Boring, bland riffs, god awful production and vocals.
Best songs- Warheart, Silent Night Bodom Night, Children of Bodom

Follow the Reaper- 10/10
Best album ever, no question about it.
Best songs: All of them.

Hate Crew Deathroll- 9/10

Aggressive and catchy.
Best songs: Needled 24/7, Chokehold, Hate Crew Deathroll.

Are You Dead Yet?- 1/10
Boring, lacks substance, bad change in Bodom.
Best songs: Living Dead Beat.

Something Wild --> 8/10
Well, what is there to say? The album is crude, but good. The material itself is very good, although seems abit, random at times, but its a typical signature of a early music career. Vocals are variating, but interesting. Lyrically the album is mediocre imo, but ok. I absolutely love the classical parts, mozart feks. Also as far as i remember, this has the only clean parts in COB
Best songs: I would say Lake Bodom is a classic, Red Lights in My eyes(both parts) are also awesome, and Deadnight Warrior.

Hatebreeder --> 9/10
This is actually the album that got me into metal! More spesifically, the hated song "Wrath Within". Aggressive and brutal, yet with a touch of finesse. Its more polished than Something wild, but still crude at parts. some of the finer solos appear on this album.
Best songs: Well, Hatebreeder, Children of Bodom, Downfall, Towards Dead End, and Wrath Within.. Well, only song i really dont like is Black Widow.

Follow The Reaper --> 8.5/10
This an interesting album, you can really hear some change here. The overall sound is very weird and hard to describe, but its something thin and deep(dont ask.). The colour picked on the cover is a perfect match for the album, because it truly is blue music, just not blues. Frantic and technical soloing, and good vocals.
Best Songs: Kissing THe Shadows, Bodom After Midnight and Everytime i Die

Hate Crew Deathroll --> 7/10
Personally i had trouble with this album in the beginning, i came into bodom through Hatebreeder, and so this was very different for me. But i came to like it, and it has some songs that are stuck to me. The sound is now, heavy.
Best Songs: Chokehold, You're better off Dead, Hate Crew Deathroll and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood

Are You Dead Yet? --> 6/10
Well.. This album took the longest to grow on me, about a year. Lyrically this album is the stupidest in my opinion, the overusage of fuck and stupid titles make songs like "In your face" and "Are You Dead Yet?" unlistenable to me(what the fuck is up with bands/songtitles/albums with questionmarks in them? its stupid!) On the other songs there are little to say, they are catchy (like that funky riff in We're Not Gonna Fall) and some have pretty ok solos (like PunchMeIBleed and Next In Line(although the chorus is about as stupid as it can get)
Best Songs: hard to say, Living Dead Beat, or We're Not Gonna Fall

Hatebreeder-9/10
To steal the words from the lovely Eli, the closest thing to perfection.
Best song: Hatebreeder, the end solo is enough to make me orgasm:lol:
You read my thought: couldn't have said it better myself!!

Oh and by the way... thanks for calling me lovely, although I'm not. But kiitos, princess Andronikki. :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;6434798 said:
You read my thought: couldn't have said it better myself!!

Oh and by the way... thanks for calling me lovely, although I'm not. But kiitos, princess Andronikki. :)

:D

btw, the own pictures thread needs to be saved, post more pics there:)

Depending on Bodom is my favourite band , i have to give a 10/10 ..
best rating on the top , rest downstairs :p

#1 HCDR 10/10
It's rly good , I love HCDR itself , asspecially since I've heard the live version on Chaos ridden years ;) .. looking forward til Wacken '08 when I'll see Bodom live ^^
other awesome songs are there , too , such as Needled 24/7 , Angels don't kill , lil bloodred ridin hood , bodom beach terror etc.

#2 Follow the Reaper 9.5/10
Was my 1st Bodom album , needs no words I think , Hellion , Follow the Reaper , Bodom after Midnight etc are just great ^^

#3 Hatebreeder 9/10
Like nearly every song rly much , but for me there's no special song , which I love as much as Hellion of Hate Crew , so not as much points as the others , but nearly ^^

#4 AYDY 7.5/10
Its no bad album , there some good songs as well , Living Dead Beat is one of the best songs in my opinion , but the most of the other songs can't be compared to the songs of the album # 1-3 ..
The Albums # 1-3 are the 1st 3 albums I bought , I looked hopefully forward to get AYDY as Bodom's latest album , but was lil disappointed :(

#5 Something Wild 7/10
Compared with other first albums of a band it's still awesome , but compared with the new albums of Bodom it's nothin' :p

Something Wild --> 9/10
To me is the 2nd best album of theirs. I love it. To me it is their most original sounding album just because of its very black/death feel mixed with the neo-classical. I love all the harpsichord solos/interludes in the entire album.
Best Song- In the Shadows! The ending of that song is simply amazing

Hatebreeder --> 8/10
I love this album because it still has the "Something Wild" feel but also makes things more technical. Alexi's voice is still in good condition and keeps it nice and strong...
Best Song- Towards Dead End! Once again the keyboard/guitar neo-classical ending is pure brilliance

Follow The Reaper --> 10/10
I LOVE this album and is definately my favorite Bodom album overall. Everything about is perfect, and it is when I think Janne has the best keyboard lead tone. Also, its my favorite CD with Alexi on vocals and I wish his voice was still like this today. This CD shows most of their signature riffs if you know wut I mean, and starts the sound where they are today.
Best Song- Taste of My Scythe, and Northern Comfort would be my favorites.

Hate Crew Deathroll --> 8.5/10
I enjoyed this album, because it still had a "Follow The Reaper" type sound. Alexi's voice still sounds good but you can hear some slight changes. I love all the songs on this album. The keyboard solos are insane through each song...Truely Janne's best work in solo composition...
Best Song: Chokehold! The keyboard solo section in that song is SICK! Freaking love it..my favorite out of every bodom song...

Are You Dead Yet? --> 7/10
Meh, this album was ok...I would prob rate it like a 5. But after listening to it so much I boosted it up to a 7. It just completely different from their older stuff. Alexi's voice in the album is pretty bad because he seems to want to talk while screaming..If that makes any sense...The guitar work is ok. They didnt seem to be very creative because I noticed alot of the note patterns were used on their previous albums...
Best Song: Trashed Lost and Strungout just because it is the closest to what they use to sound like..

Tie My Rope- 4/10
Even though it isnt an album, I still felt I had to rate it. The overall song is horrible when you compare it to their other stuff. Alexi's voice is the worst it ever has been... The intro is cool, but sounds more like a "Warmen" type intro than a COB one. The only part that I find interesting is the guitar lead over the "chorus" type part..Everything else was a huge disappointment

Something wild
7/10
Some very good stuff here, also some not so good stuff, but overall still good
Best song- Lake Bodom

HateBreeder
9.5/10
Almost perfect album, love the solos and the classical influences, not really any bad points
Best song- Downfall

Follow The Reaper
10/10
Loved evey song 100%, awesome solos, no bad points at all except maybe the vocals aren't loved by all, but i like them
Best Song- Kissing The Shadows (Amazing solo)

HateCrewDeathroll
8/10
Loved the heaviness, but the classical bits were gone:cry: also some songs sucked
Best song- Needled 24/7

Are You Dead Yet?
7/10
Some really good songs, but some terrible ones, still no classical bits, vocals were a bit sucky
Best song- If You Want Peace... Prepare For War!

Havent heard any of the new stuff, so i can't rate it.

Something Wild
7/10
Good songs and bad ones, overall its a good album
Best song-Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder
9.5/10
Every song was awesome, the classical influences were cool, not really any flaws
Best Song-Downfall

Follow The Reaper
10/10
Loved every song 100%, the solos were amazing, can't say anything bad about it
Best song-Kissing The Shadows(breathtaking solo)

Hate Crew Deathroll
8/10
The heaviness was cool, but the classical bits were gone:cry:
most of the songs were very good
Best song-Needled 24/7

Are You Dead Yet?
6.5-7/10
Still heavy, but the vocals sucked, and there were some terrible songs, and still no classical parts, also the name of the album sucks. However they still managed to write some good songs
Best song-If You Want Peace...Prepare For War

I haven't heard the new song(s?) yet so i can't rate them, but apparently they suck men.

Something Wild: 9/10
Great album, very technical, but still awesomely melodic. Only reason its not 10 out of 10 is because of In the Shadows and it only has 7 songs.
Best songs: Touch Like Angel of Death, Red Light in My Eyes pt 2

Hatebreeder: 10/10
THE album. Their best album by far. The classical influence is still there, but with less intricate arrangement for a more cohesive sound. Love every song on the album
Superbest songs: Towards Dead End, Downfall, SNBN

Follow the Reaper: 9/10
Still part of COB's golden years. Production values increase, as does the melodic sound. Songs slightly catchier, but still very kickass. No bad songs really, except Every Time I Die gets old.
Best: Kissing the muthafuckin shadows, Hate Me, Taste of My Scythe

Hatecrew Deathroll: 6/10
My least favorite COB album. Every time I try to give this album another chance, and listen to it all the way through, I find myself itching to turn it off and put on something more melodic, less chug-a-lug, and with better guitar work. Some good songs, and its not a bad album, its just my least favorite COB.
Best: Needled 24/7

Are You Dead Yet: 7/10
Still not as good as the old stuff, though I enjoy this album more than HCDR. Trying for a certain style that I just dont really care for, but some excellent songs and some stinkers (eg In Your Face)
Best: We're Not Gonna Fall, Trashed Lost and Strungout

Something Wild : 7/10
Creative, melodic and complex piece of music.
Best song: Red light in my eyes Pt 1, Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder : 6/10
I'm not sure why, but this album doesn't impress me much...I don't like it at all
Best Song: Children Of Bodom, Downfall

Follow the Reaper : 9/10
Awesome! One of my fav albums ever :)
Best song: Children Of Decadence, Everytime I Die, Mask Of Sanity

Hate Crew Deathroll : 10/10
Masterpiece! Motherfuckin` solos, motherfuckin` riffs and MOTHERFUCKIN` lyrics.
Best Song: Sixpounder, Needled 24-7, Angels don't Kill, Triple Corpse Hammerblow

Are you dead yet : 10/10
Damn! I love this album. No causes, no reasons just pure love :) (well...actually...there's a reason-it was my first cob's album) :)
Best Song: All

Something Wild:
+ Personal, realistic sound, neo-classical.. for those who enjoy it.
- You can sense some lack of professionalism in terms of songwriting.

Hatebreeder:
+ Excellent musical thought has been given to most of this album's songs.
- Sound quality is nintendo.

Follow the Reaper:
+ Nice atmosphere created with keyboards and guitar. Some great songwriting as well.
- Not heavy enough, and bad sound work makes it even worse.

Hate Crew Deathroll:
+ Best sound quality. Atmosphere changes into impressive playing techniques and killer riffs.
- Absence of emotion in music.

Are You Dead Yet?:
+ Powerful attitude. Best intro.
- Absence of keyboards. Bad tone plus low cutoff frequency in guitars. Spiritless.

Tie My Rope:
+ Promises the return of fruity bodom sound. Striking, with a taste of techno.
- Vocals. Happy chorus & solos.

Thanks for following the format...

SOMETHING WILD: 9/10
Something increadible. Almost every song is excellent. I think there is nothing left to say.
Best song: Deadnight Warrior

HATEBREEDER: 9.5/10
All the songs are excellent. Love the solos, love the vocal and guitars. Great album.
Best song: Towards Dead End

FOLLOW THE REAPER: 10/10
By far the best album, even thou I don't like the begining of Follow The Reaper (meaning the speech). Otherwise, every song is a masterpiece.
Best songs: Children Of Decadence & Kissing The Shadows

HATE CREW DEATHROLL: 8/10
First album I've heard from them. Bodom Beach Terror started me with listening CoB. Some changes made from the past albums, but still like them. Solos still kick ass, bit change in the vocal.
Best Song: Bodom Beach Terror

ARE YOU DEAD YET?: 7/10
Good songs, excellent lyrics (one that are official:loco:), understandable vocals (I like more the old stuff). Overall like the album and I listen to it regularly as others.
Best song: We're Not Gonna Fall

TIE MY ROPE - In some post I said that they made some differences... bla bla bla bla... and then I said it fucking rocks after catching the tune. I just hope they put a better quality song for the album. Like it. :headbang:

Something Wild- 8/10
A great start in my opinion, and Lake Bodom was the song that got me into the band, so has a special place for me.
Best Song: Lake Bodom.

Hatebreeder- 10/10
Just perfect in my opinion.
Best Song: Silent Night, Bodom Night

Follow the Reaper- 10/10
Again, pretty close to perfection. I love the sound ont his album.
Best Song: Kissing the Shadows

Hate Crew Deathroll- 8/10
New direction but still very good, the guitardowntuning and Glamtera like second riff on "Sixpounder" the only low points for me.
Best Song: Needled 24/7, Angels Don't Kill

Are You Dead Yet?- 4/10
A woeful album, a huge step back. Generic, boring and without merit when compared to Hatebreeder, FTR, or even HCR.
Best Song: Punch Me, I Bleed.

Something Wild 10/10
I think one of their best album, i like all the songs. I has everything, and Alexi's laugh on Touch like An Angel Of Death is spooky
Best songs: Touch like An Angel Of Death, Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder 9/10
Better voicals then SW, and have nothing more to say. It's a great album
Best songs: Towards Dead End, Children of Bodom, Silent Night Bodom Night

Follow The Reaper 10/10
Good song writings! The only song i doesn't like is Northen Comfort. Dont know why...
Best songs: Children of Decadence, Every Time I Die, Mask of Sanity

Hate Crew Death Roll 8/10
Another sound then FTR and HB. But still good. Like mostly the key's on this album exspecialy on Choke Hold
Best songs: Choke Hold, Better Off Death, Hate Crew Death Roll

Are You Death Yet?! 6/10
First album i was listning to, but when i heart the rest of them i came to the conclusion its not so good as the rest. Punch Me I Bleed is the worst song, too depressed to me.
Best songs: Trashed Lost & Strung out, In Your Face, Are You death Yet?!

Tie My Rope 8/10
First time i heard of it i din't like it, but after 2 times i was gettin better and better. I love this song now.

Something Wild - 7/10
Very particular and unusual album with classical influences, very technical but still melodic. The sound is a lil bit raw but it gives specification.
Best song: Touch like angel of death

Hatebreeder - 9/10
The album is wonderful, it's full of energy and there are many great themes. Don't like the first part of Wrath Within, but the solo is awesome.
Best songs: Towards dead end, Silent night Bodom night, Downfall

Follow The Reaper - 10/10
Already a great job. Epoch-making songs, famous sounding and technique.
Best songs: Every time I die, Kissing the shadows

Hate Crew Deathroll - 10/10
Damn good thing. It's more thrashy but still driving. A new solution but alwayz a right one. My fav album. Love it.
Best songs: Needled 24/7, Chokehold, Angels don't kill

Are You Dead Yet? - 8/10
The first I've ever heard. As compared with other albums it's less melodical but in itself it's cool. Keeps the drive.
Best songs: Living dead beat, Are you dead yet?, Trashed lost & strungout

Something Wild : 6/10
I like Deadnight Warrior, Touch Like An Angel Of Death and Lake Bodom. The others are ok, and the quality could have been better.
Best song: Deadnight Warrior

Hatebreeder : 9/10
All songs are great, but still could be better quality.
Best song: Silent Night/Bodom Night

Follow The Reaper : 9/10
I love all the songs here, but they could drop the cover songs.
Best song: Taste Of My Scythe

Hate Crew Deathroll : 9.5/10
Great album, no more to say than that!
Best song: Hate Crew Deathroll

Are You Dead Yet? : 10/10
This is my favorite. Great sound, great songs, great solos.
Best song: In Your Face, Trashed, Lost & Strungout