Rate every album

Something wild: 7/10
The best vocals but the worst sound quality.
Best songs: Deadnight warrior, Lake bodom

Hatebreeder: 9/10
Kick ass album! Except black widow and wrath within….
Best songs: Silent night, bodom night, downfall, warheart

Follow the reaper: 10/10
This album was the first i heard from COB and get me to metal….:headbang:
Best songs: [insert playlist here]

Hate crew deathroll: 9/10
More heavy, less melodies, but i like it a lot.
Best songs: Bodom beach terror, Needled 24/7, Hate crew deathroll,

Are you dead yet?: 9/10
First time i heard it i don´t like it very much, but everytime i listen to it, it gets better and better:kickass:

Thanks for following the format...

Why is anyone interested what do you think is the best song? There are so many great songs, you can't choose just one, and some are obvious, like Silent Night is officially the best song on Hatebreeder, and then some people go Triple Corpse Hammerblow is the best song on HCDR :rolleyes:

Something Wild : 7/10
good debut with some moments of absolute brilliance

Hatebreeder: 9/10
my favourite COB album, absolutely amazing, especially towards dead end

Follow The Repear: 7/10
its a good strong album without being amazing

Hatecrew Deathroll: 9/10
second favourite COB album, great album overall, some awesome solos

Are You Dead Yet?: 3/10
Only like small parts of some songs, like the start of living dead beat, the keyboard riff on in your face and then thats it really

Why is anyone interested what do you think is the best song? There are so many great songs, you can't choose just one, and some are obvious, like Silent Night is officially the best song on Hatebreeder, and then some people go Triple Corpse Hammerblow is the best song on HCDR :rolleyes:

I think he meant the "Rate Every Album." You didn't give any numbers.

Something Wild : 8/10
Well made album for its time also has great songs
Best song: Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder : 9.5/10
Great songs except Wrath Within, love the vocals and the clasical influences
Best song: Downfall

Follow The Reaper : 7,5/10
Has some good songs, but I dont like all of them
Best song: Hate me!

Hate Crew Deathroll : 9/10
Love the melody and the heavyness
Best song: Needled 24/7

Are You Dead Yet? : 7/10
Good, but not that good.. Didnt really like the twist with Are You Dead Yet, If You Want Peace... Prepare For War, but In Your Face and We're Not Gonna Fall were great
Best song: We're Not Gonna Fall

[SIZE=+2]Time for intermediate results: [/SIZE]

Calculated averages for each album so far. Every vote (35) from this thread upto this message included:

1. Hatebreeder: 8,98
2. Follow the Reaper: 8,95
3. Hate Crew Deathroll: 8,37
4. Something Wild: 7,91
5. Are You Dead Yet: 7,10

Keep the thread going folks...

Calculated averages for each album so far. Every vote (35) from this thread upto this message included:

Nice that you've calculated the averages, this is better than a voting system, so it'd be nice to keep the thread alive, the results match my expectations pretty well.:)

Something Wild - 6/10
has some good songs, but i don't like in the shadows and the nail
fav songs: deadnight warrior, lake bodom, touch like angel of death

Hatebreeder - 7/10
crappy vocals, but good music
fav songs: bed of razors, hatebreeder

Follow the Reaper - 9,5
fav COB album, everything is perfect except the vocals
fav songs: every single song rocks

Hatecrew Deathroll - 9
i think this album has really nice, clever and creative guitar riffs and killer keyboard solos, the vocals start getting better
fav songs: all of them except triple corpse hammerblow

Are You Dead Yet - 8
good album but i don't like the guitar sound, and needs more keys
fav songs: are you dead yet, if you want peace prepare for war, trashed lost and strungout

Somthing Wild - 7.5/10
Some good songs there, but some bad ones too... also i don`t like the sound...
Best Song: Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder - 10/10
By far the best album, to me every song is just perfect. I love the classical influences, and downfall is the song that actually got me into metal
Best Song: Downfall

Follow The Reaper: 9.5/10
Also a great album, like Hatebreeder with some classical influences, but i don`t like it that much. Solos are just awseome, to me it hast the best guitar performance of all their albums.
Best Song: Every Time I Die

Hatecrew Deathroll: 8.5/10
Unfortunately the classical influences are totaly gone here, but the guitar sound has improved, it sounds a lot heavyer. And a lot of the songs sound pretty awseome live.
Best Song: Bodom Beach Terror

Are You Dead Yet?: 8/10
For a long time i just didn`t like it, but lately this changed. Most of the songs are cool, and the guitar work has got more complex, although the riffs don`t have the melody i´m like on the earlier albums.
Best Song: We´re not gonna fall

Hatebreeder:9/10
this album is a master piece GREAT album by BODOM
Best Song:Silent Night Bodom Night

Follow The Reaper:7.5/10
Very Nice album but some song are a lil bit boring
Best Song:Kissing The Shadow,Mask Of Sanity

HateCrew DeathRoll:10/10
their BEST FUCKING ALBUM very heavy and fast
Best Song:Needle 24-7,you're better of dead

Are You Dead Yet?:9/10
a great album heavy as fuck with nice solos and great songs
Best Songs:Living Dead beat,We're Not Gonna Fall,Trashed Lost and StrungOut

SW is to low imo :erk: but yeah the sound...sounds like bad quality or smt....

Hatebreeder:9/10
this album is a master piece GREAT album by BODOM
Best Song:Silent Night Bodom Night

Follow The Reaper:7.5/10
Very Nice album but some song are a lil bit boring
Best Song:Kissing The Shadow,Mask Of Sanity

HateCrew DeathRoll:10/10
their BEST FUCKING ALBUM very heavy and fast
Best Song:Needle 24-7,you're better of dead

Are You Dead Yet?:9/10
a great album heavy as fuck with nice solos and great songs
Best Songs:Living Dead beat,We're Not Gonna Fall,Trashed Lost and StrungOut

What about something wild??

Something Wild: A kickass album with blackish stuff and classical influences...The album has a great, dark atmosphere and really great riff material. Lyrics are good tho.
Best Song:Deadnight Warrior, Touch Like Angel Of Death
Hatebreeder: Another album with great classical influences; the dark atmosphere from SW is gone.
Best Song: Downfall, SN, BN, Towards Dead End
Hate Crew Deathroll: Great Album with kickass melodies and lyrics. IMO most hateful lyrics of all albums
Best Song: Sixpounder, Needled 24/7, HCDR
Follow The Reaper: Great Album; great riffs and melodies, lyrics are great.
Best Song: Hate Me, Everytime I Die, Northern Comfort
AYDY: Middle Class Album; Riff material got easier and more shred like as on FTR; lyrics have lost a bit of personal aspect.
Best Song:Are You Dead Yet?, In Your Face, Living Dead Beat

Something Wild: 9/10 Amazing vocals; more black metal sounding, which is what I love about it. Riffs are kickass, of course.
Favorite song: Deadnight Warrior

Hatebreeder:10/10 Every song on this album is incredible. Alexi's vocals still have a black metal feel, and Janne's keyboards are more prevalent. The lyrics aren't too bad either, which is quite a feat for our dear Alexi.

Follow the Reaper: 10/10 This is my favorite COB album, it got me into metal. From the minute I heard the first song I was in love. I love every song on this album. It's dark and beautiful and brutal all at once.

Hatecrew Deathroll: 9/10 I adore this album, but I've gotten bored with Needled 24/7...I know, so has everyone else lol. But I like that COB changed things up a bit and made this one more thrashy sounding.
Favorite songs: Hatecrew Deathroll, Lil' Bloodred Riding Hood, Angels Don't Kill

Are You Dead Yet?: 8/10 I'm not as fond of this one, though I'm not entirely sure why... But I cannot deny that the riffs on these songs are some of the best. I just think that Alexi didn't even try on these lyrics, except for Living Dead Beat. Still, I find myself singing along and feeling the power in such simple words [e.g. I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK MOTHERFUCKER!!]...idk. Not my favorite, but still great. I don't think that COB has the capability of sucking.
Favorite songs: Living Dead Beat, We're Not Gonna Fall, Bastards of Bodom

:kickass::kickass:

Something Wild: 7/10. It's the coolest sounding album, I love the neo-classical sound, but a couple of the songs just fail to hold my attention. I consistently find myself thinking "let's change to Downfall or Follow the Reaper" whenever I hear said songs.
Favorite songs: Deadnight Warrior, Red Light In My Eyes Pt. 1, Lake Bodom.

Hatebreeder: 9/10. The album is a bit more polished and stiff. I love most of the songs on the album, there are only one or two songs I don't like (Black Widow and Wrath Within). Not to mention, Janne's keyboard work is a bit more widespread throughout the album. This album features Alexi near his vocal peak (amazing vocals, even if FTR's are better). My only complaint with the album is that the drums sound flat, thin, and like paper. Other than that, marvelous album.
Favorite songs: Downfall, Silent Night Bodom Night, Warheart.

Follow The Reaper: 10/10. Pretty much every song on this album is a masterpiece. I'm not the biggest fan of Northern Comfort, but every other song on here is concentrated ball-smashery. This album features the most keyboards out of all of CoB albums, and the most noticable. That's the way it should be. Janne is the center of the band's sound, he should be put up-front. Not to mention, as I said before, Alexi's black-metal style vocals on FTR are the greatest he's ever done. All in all, pure masterpiece.
Favorite songs: Follow the Reaper, Everytime I Die, Hate Me.

Hate Crew Deathroll: 8/10. This album is pretty consistently good. I mean, every song is a winner on this album, just not to the extent of FTR. I don't quite like the production on this album, sounds a bit too "trebley", and the drum sound is horrendous. Thin, tinny, and feeble. The "industrial" sound the band will go in in Are You Dead Yet is evident in HCDR.
Favorite songs: Needled 24/7, Bodom Beach Terror, Angels Don't Kill.

Are You Dead Yet: 6/10. There are a couple gems, but for the most part, the album is consistently weak, IMO. The "industrial" sound I mentioned earlier is quite blatant in this album, and while the drums sound not as thin, I don't like the tinny sound. Oh how I long for the days of FTR... And I don't really like the lack of keyboards; as I said before, Janne is practically the basis of CoB's sound, he should be put up-front. I don't like how lyric-wise, CoB has turned into a typical "bad manners" band, as In Your Face and We're Not Gonna Fall will show you.
Favorite songs: Living Dead Beat, In Your Face, Trashed Lost and Strungout.

Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen
Something Wild: 7.5
+ Personal, realistic sound, neo-classical.. for those who enjoy it.
- You can sense some lack of professionalism in terms of songwriting.

Hatebreeder: 8.6
+ Excellent musical thought has been given to most of this album's songs.
- Sound quality is nintendo.

Follow the Reaper: 8.7
+ Nice atmosphere created with keyboards and guitar. Some great songwriting as well.
- Not heavy enough, and bad sound work makes it even worse.

Hate Crew Deathroll: 8.9
+ Best sound quality. Atmosphere changes into impressive playing techniques and killer riffs.
- Absence of emotion in music.

Are You Dead Yet?: 8.5
+ Powerful attitude. Best intro.
- Absence of keyboards. Bad tone plus low cutoff frequency in guitars. Spiritless.

Tie My Rope: 8.8
+ Promises the return of fruity bodom sound. Striking, with a taste of techno.
- Vocals.

SOMETHING WILD
don't like that album pretty much. great solos in lake bodom and touch like angel of death
Favourite Songs: Touch like angel of death
6/10

HATEBREEDER
still one of my favourite albums. great solos and keyboard playing in it
Favourite Songs: Hatebreeder, Downfall
9/10

TOKYO WARHEARTS
a great live album. pretty good recording
Favourite Songs: Touch like angel of death
8/10

FOLLOW THE REAPER
well, not my favourite album but with still some good songs in it. like the atmosphere
Favourite Songs: Everytime I die, Hate me!, Hellion
8/10

BESTBREEDER
good compilation but it was released to early imo
Favourite Songs: Rebel Yell
7/10

HATE CREW DEATHROLL
really cool old-school album with great guitars
Favourite Songs: You're better off dead, Hate Crew Deathroll
7/10

ARE YOU DEAD YET?
bodom best album. i really like the drop-c guitars, the cool riffs and alexis voice
Favourite Songs: all, except Bastards of Bodom
10/10

CHAOS RIDDEN YEARS
what i have to say? 10/10

I really don't know how anyone can say AYDY is "the best album". Better than FTR or Hatebreeder? I think not.