Albums mistakes

I don't think that's a click, I think it's the sound of the stick hitting the cymbal (he's hitting super hard) being affected by the cymbal processing/compression.

It's coming more out of the right-speaker and is exactly lined up with the cymbal hits, which feel a bit rushed in some measures and make me think it's not the click.

I don't really think that's it as well, no stick hitting a crash cymbal makes that sound, even if you bash it to smithereens.

Just my theory, and I don't know if it's true or not but could it be that they recorded shells and cymbals separately? It sounds a bit like an electronic cymbal pad is being hit

I don't really think that's it as well, no stick hitting a crash cymbal makes that sound, even if you bash it to smithereens.

It totally does, though - hit a crash hard and start compressing and you get that same 'cupping' effect to the attack of the cymbal. I'm not sure how else to describe it but I know I've heard it in lots of the tracks I've edited.

It totally does, though - hit a crash hard and start compressing and you get that same 'cupping' effect to the attack of the cymbal. I'm not sure how else to describe it but I know I've heard it in lots of the tracks I've edited.

Interesting, never heard that to be honest, you're definitely the expert on that matter.

I tend to hit my cymbals remotely hard an not smashing it, and mixing wise I usually don't process the overheads that much if they sound good to me.

I remember something about Opeth's Still Life having a volume jump at some point but I haven't listened to it in a while so I can't remember where it was.

EDIT: ok yeah, on the original release there's a problem with the right side volume near the middle of The Moor, it changes a bit and suddenly becomes clearer and then back to muffled.

The bass channel was muted during the final mix down for And Justice For All

Megadeth_Risk.jpg

This topic is about some recording mistakes that you have noticed in some great albums:

Lets start with this Death scarvenger of human sorrow listen there is a false note on the guitar at 1.49:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-tOL1Ay4A&t=1m48s

Hmm, don't know if I've ever picked that one out before. I figured something like that was just the bit of humanization that came from the drumming not being edited to hell.

I always felt that Ray Alder was lisping on Perfect Symmetry (dunno if that's considered an album mistake, but it bothers me)