Just another plagiarism thread

If I were the band who wrote the original, I'd go after them. It's one thing when bands are generic, but that is too damn specific of a rip off. Plus, fuck the other band for dressing like tools. I'd fuck with them for that alone :lol:

And it's probably their best song since they made a music video and all:heh:

A little update again.
So now Death At The Revel (the band that stole the song) is saying they're willing to take this to the court if We've created a monster (the band that wrote the song) doesn't take theirs down from youtube. This whole thing has turned into an enormous clusterfuck that nobody understands anymore.

If the song isn't taken down from youtube and sites where it's for sale (if it is for sale) or we don't receive a mature serious response we will open upp this case on our own and place our material of evidence out immediately. We can do this without involving all of this without it costing us both money or in worst case puts you into debt.

Basically, my friends received a email from Death At The Revel. In said email Death at the revel provided a statement by their lawyer (who upon googling him appears to be rather well known swedish music lawyer). I honestly don't believe that they can afford him and i'm calling bluff. Also the quote i provided is by supposedly by him.

Anyone know much a consultation with a lawyer like that might cost ? I mean Death at the revel can't afford to shoot a new music video but they can afford a big-shot lawyer ? They might even be dealing with identity theft here. This is all too ridiculous.

Also at first they were saying that they've got evidence that the song is from august 2012. But when my friends said that they've got a live video of the song from may 2012. suddenly Death At The Revel decided that their version is from march 2012. Unbelievable bullshit.

Holy shit, this deserves a new post.
basically the band indeed lied about having a lawyer. The guys from We've Created a Monster hit the supposed lawyer up and the lawyer said that he has absolutely nothing to do with Death At The Revel. Basically, death at the revel created a new e-mail address in the name of the lawyer, the guys from WCAM searched the internet and found the lawyers actual contact infromation and got confirmation that the e-mail address provided by death at the revel is indeed fake.

Unbelievable, they went from plagiarism to IDENTITY THEFT in 2 weeks.

clapping.gif

So I accidentally found that was me that wrote the song, I have the files from january of 2012. So back off guys and take that song of youtube or my lawyer will be biting your asses soon.

Does any one have any experience in filing a copyright claim on youtube in this situation ? Is that even viable since the recordings are obviously different (doesn't change the fact that the song has been plagiarised though).

Basically, my friends received a email from Death At The Revel. In said email Death at the revel provided a statement by their lawyer (who upon googling him appears to be rather well known swedish music lawyer). I honestly don't believe that they can afford him and i'm calling bluff. Also the quote i provided is by supposedly by him.

If the song isn't taken down from youtube and sites where it's for sale (if it is for sale) or we don't receive a mature serious response we will open upp this case on our own and place our material of evidence out immediately. We can do this without involving all of this without it costing us both money or in worst case puts you into debt.

i dunno if something was lost in translation here, but if i received a vague legal threat written this poorly in the US i would absolutely assume it was fake.

i dunno if something was lost in translation here, but if i received a vague legal threat written this poorly in the US i would absolutely assume it was fake.

Everybody did assume it was fake. But the guys in We've Created a Monster got confirmation from the lawyer the thieves were pretending to be anyway.

if it was just some random ass threat nobody would've even blinked, but they sent it in some actual music-lawyers name (essentially identity theft). And that's kinda fucked up. They even created a fake new e-mail address in his name trying to lure some info out of WCAM or something (i honestly can't think of a good reason).

Does any one have any experience in filing a copyright claim on youtube in this situation ? Is that even viable since the recordings are obviously different (doesn't change the fact that the song has been plagiarised though).
Youtube has channels for that but good luck. I think their best bet is to make it a trial by social media. If labels/publishers are involved they will take notice.

is it really worth going to court over this song? It is going to cost you guys a ton a money and time/headaches. Just try to spread the word online as much as possible what those douchebags are doing and tell the lawyer that the band impersonated him and maybe they can get in trouble that way without costing you guys anything.

Did anyone copyright the song? If so, you could probably write to You tube and have them remove their video. I had a similar beef with a few sites over a trademark issue years ago. Once I provided proof of my trademark, they removed the content quickly.

Did anyone copyright the song? If so, you could probably write to You tube and have them remove their video. I had a similar beef with a few sites over a trademark issue years ago. Once I provided proof of my trademark, they removed the content quickly.

Copyright comes into existence as soon as something is created.