Is it me?

I would claim the exact opposite... Isn't this shit for emo girls?

EDIT: now that I've forced myself to listen to this to give it a fair chance, the vocals is the key aspect ruining it all. And those Muse-keyboarding parts are just killing off whatever chorus that ever was... They should ease of on the ambient and keyboards and it would make a better song.

YOU HAVE KILLED ROCKNROLL, PERIOD!

Well put my good man, well put :lol:

And I actually find the arrangement to be too dense in many spots, mainly because I often feel the vocal melodies don't always fit with what the instrumentation is doing, and they really abuse those 16th note arps IMO. And my GOD those vocals are gay, I'm sorry, there's really no other way to put it :lol: But FTR, I've never liked Warrel Dane either :D

However, that first solo in the song Damian posted was damn impressive, but honestly, haven't all of us heard so fucking many talented guitarists in our time that technical skill counts for shit? I know that's the case with me anyway, unless it's one SERIOUSLY talented guitarist (Eklundh, Loomis, Nilsson, etc.) And mega-lulz at the N64-synth orchestra part at the end of the song :D

Ah man if you guys start ragging on Amity Affliction in the same thread... hahah. Love both of these bands to bits. So sick of typical growls/screams in everything, completely overdone and annoying. It's like a placeholder for creativity at this point.

Writing Nick off as just another technical shredder is ridiculous as well, Marcus. His phrasing is stupidly good, regardless of what you think of his bands music.

The 'djent' comments are completely lost on me, as well - how is any of IAA's stuff 'djent'??

Writing Nick off as just another technical shredder is ridiculous as well, Marcus. His phrasing is stupidly good, regardless of what you think of his bands music.

Well that wasn't really my intention, but I can understand how it came off that way - I was more responding to Greg's comment, and like I said, I did enjoy that first solo in the song Damian posted (though I wasn't crazy about the solo in the OP song because of too many, you guessed it, 16th-note arps/runs :loco: ). But yeah, I of course haven't heard enough to really judge

I would claim the exact opposite... Isn't this shit for emo girls?

EDIT: now that I've forced myself to listen to this to give it a fair chance, the vocals is the key aspect ruining it all. And those Muse-keyboarding parts are just killing off whatever chorus that ever was... They should ease of on the ambient and keyboards and it would make a better song.

YOU HAVE KILLED ROCKNROLL, PERIOD!

Yeah I don't like it. :lol:

I made it through the whole song though, I thought it deserved an entire listen before judgment.

Ughhhhh I can't bear this hahahaha... definitely not my cup of tea... In my opinion the vocals are awful and it sounds like it's trying to appeal to the mainstream a little too much. Definitely would not listen to this again.

BUT that's only my opinion. Bias aside, it does have a technical quality to it. I can't ever really like it, but I can see why you or other people would. To be fair, I do like the part without the "clean" vocals (6ish seconds haha).

Ah man if you guys start ragging on Amity Affliction in the same thread... hahah. Love both of these bands to bits. So sick of typical growls/screams in everything, completely overdone and annoying. It's like a placeholder for creativity at this point.

The 'djent' comments are completely lost on me, as well - how is any of IAA's stuff 'djent'??

+1 to all of this, especially Amity Affliction.

i have played with IAA numerous times and although i would prefer screaming vocals the singer is actually very talented and can actually sing and its something different than every other screaming band out there.....and no my name is not because of this band i actually didnt make the connection til right now...now i feel lame for even posting in this thread

I like the lead guitar playing a lot, and I also like Joey's production and synth stuff... but the vocals can definitely be too poppy/girly/annoying for me at times. It doesn't HAVE to be growls/screaming. There are plenty of bands with clean singing that sounds much more mature / less whiney to me.