Albums mistakes

Wasn't there some drop outs on Amorphis's "Skyforger" album? I forget which track but it happens on more than one. I believe it was a fault during mastering but that band replaced any CDs that came out that way. My CD is fine though but I bought it a while after that album was out.

On DerUntermenche's 'The Man in the Planet', the track 'Face to Face' has what seems to be a trippy gating effect on the keyboard intro but I am told that the synth was recorded with a dodgy cable thus leading to the cut outs. Hey you'd never know!

I always felt like the vocal editing in chandelier was pretty sloppy...into the falsetto, missed a crossfade or maybe a bad punch in or something.
2:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM

can also be that it's just the way it came out. Sometimes the weirdest stuff happens with the human voice :lol:
Just bothers me cause it sounds like a bad edit, and if it is it's huge, considering the size of the song and that it's on the main vocal during the chorus ^^

I always felt like the vocal editing in chandelier was pretty sloppy...into the falsetto, missed a crossfade or maybe a bad punch in or something.
2:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM

can also be that it's just the way it came out. Sometimes the weirdest stuff happens with the human voice :lol:
Just bothers me cause it sounds like a bad edit, and if it is it's huge, considering the size of the song and that it's on the main vocal during the chorus ^^

Yeah I notice this one all the time too, if we're talking auto tune errors in modern pop songs though we could be here all day :lol:

Also I remember the last time this topic came up, it went into a tailspin when someone suggested that looking at music for these insignificant errors was an absolutely atrocious way to observe a piece of art - even critically :) - good way to test your sound scrutiny though i guess!

Slipknot 1st album and iowa are full of mistakes on drums especially the kick. I heard they didn't use click to track them. Don't know if we could call it "mistake "
Also 1st album seems to clip as hell

I don't get the mistake in Scavenger of Human Sorrow?

Anyway, one of the most blatant is probablly in All My Love by Led Zep.

at about 2:50.

edit: it actually sounds better than I thought, the mistake is in key, so it's not like it's really dissonant or anything

Last edited by a moderator:
1:25 always sounded like a bad edit to me:

Last edited by a moderator: