Albuquerque Cancelation

eulalie

New Metal Member
Jul 6, 2003
Albuquerque
Visit site
(I posted this on the Official BB, too. I was too lazy to write the whole thing again, so I just cut and pasted. So if you still go there and it annoys you to see the exact same thread again, too bad. :loco: )

In yesterday's Albuquerque Journal there was an article about summer concert ticket sales with some specifics on the Journal Pavilion, the main venue here and where Maiden was supposed to play. The articles says,

"Iron Maiden canceled its Aug. 21 show at the Pavilion, citing personal problems with a band member as the cause. The metal band is keeping dates in Denver and Phoenix on either side of the canceled Albuquerque show, however, prompting some fans to wonder if ticket sales were an issue."

The press release on the official site doesn't say anything about personal reasons and when the show was canceled, everybody, including some local DJ's, seemed to think that the problem was with the Journal Pavilion, which just happens to be owned by the newspaper that printed this article, so I don't know if this is trustworthy or not.

If it was personal reasons, I wonder what it could be that would only affect that Thursday and not Wednesday (Denver) or Friday (Phoenix)?

At first I wondered if it was ticket sales, but I really don't think so. I believe they sold 11,000 tickets here on BNW.

I can't tell if you're serious, or if you're making a joke. I don't know you well enough.

Albuquerque is in New Mexico, which is, believe it or not, a part of the USA. A lot of people think we might belong to Mexico.

Err, no, I was serious :) And I'm well aware that New Mexico is in the US ;) Just wasn't sure what state Alburquerque is in (I thought it was Arizona).