Metal Master Tour Dates announced!!!

dtmetalfan69

Southside Rocker
Mar 23, 2005
Chitown IL
Can't miss this one!!! Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, Motorhead, and Testament!!! Holy shit!!!:headbang:

8-6 Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
8-7 Bristow, VA - Nissan Pavilion
8-9 Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
8-10 Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach
8-13 Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
8-16 Pittsburgh, PA - Post-Gazette Pavilion
8-18 Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
8-19 Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
8-22 Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Amphitheatre
8-23 Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
8-24 San Antonio, TX - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
8-27 Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
8-28 Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
8-30 San Bernardino, CA - Glen Helen Pavilion
8-31 Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre

I am so there!!!

Just got our tickets for Chicago, Swordlord and I are going, Row GG Section 103! Not great, but last they had together, but hell, I'm not complaining, better than what I had last time I saw Priest. Now, to find VIP passes... grumble grumble grumble...

WTF, there is no Superpages.com Amphitheatre in Dallas! In fact, I don't even KNOW of any amphitheatres in Dallas! :err:
Maybe one of our complexes is changing it's name... Well, who cares, I'll be in Brazil that day anyway.

WTF, there is no Superpages.com Amphitheatre in Dallas! In fact, I don't even KNOW of any amphitheatres in Dallas! :err:
Maybe one of our complexes is changing it's name... Well, who cares, I'll be in Brazil that day anyway.

Formerly the Smirnoff Music Center

Venom, I'm with you dude! These H&H guys must have something against us southern folk! :erk: I don't see any reason why the tour wouldn't do well in our region of the country. :erk:

~Brian~
I am destined to never seeing Testament live....:erk:

where the he|| are the Southern dates, especially ATL???

Arena/Amphitheater booking in Atlanta is essentially controlled by a single corporation. Traditionally, they do not book expensive "retro" metal bands by their standards that do not have a proven track record in the region for live draws or huge *current* record sales either. Bands such as Priest, Maiden, and Heaven or Hell fall into both categories.

Arena/Amphitheater booking in Atlanta is essentially controlled by a single corporation. Traditionally, they do not book expensive "retro" metal bands by their standards that do not have a proven track record in the region for live draws or huge *current* record sales either. Bands such as Priest, Maiden, and Heaven or Hell fall into both categories.

but yet we get the POISON tour every year....and they have not had a new studio album in what 5 or 6 years?? :err:

but yet we get the POISON tour every year....and they have not had a new studio album in what 5 or 6 years?? :err:

Poison (along with all the chart topping hair bands from the 80's) do not fall into the same category. They have a proven track record of shows here in Atlanta that dates back two decades. They have mainstream recognition as opposed to cult status. Plus, "Rock of Love" is an undeniable ratings bonaza and only enhances that status.

Priest and the gang have nothing going for them except for a few rockumentaries on VH-1 Classic. Ticket sales in other areas of the country simply aren't enough to convince the "corporation" to take a chance on a historically weak market for traditional metal.

Just got our tickets for Chicago, Swordlord and I are going, Row GG Section 103! Not great, but last they had together, but hell, I'm not complaining, better than what I had last time I saw Priest. Now, to find VIP passes... grumble grumble grumble...

Damnit!! I didnt think they were on sale yet.

Poison (along with all the chart topping hair bands from the 80's) do not fall into the same category. They have a proven track record of shows here in Atlanta that dates back two decades. They have mainstream recognition as opposed to cult status. Plus, "Rock of Love" is an undeniable ratings bonaza and only enhances that status.

Priest and the gang have nothing going for them except for a few rockumentaries on VH-1 Classic. Ticket sales in other areas of the country simply aren't enough to convince the "corporation" to take a chance on a historically weak market for traditional metal.

I understand the points you're making. Still, I don't think it can be denied that metal is making somewhat of a comeback in the mainstream. Both JP and H&H are regarded as legends in both the rock and metal communities. I just can't fathom that this tour package would be a failure of any sort. I'm trying not to view this as a "metal fan", but as a business person. With that said, I still don't understand how this company couldn't agree to bring it in to Atlanta. :erk:

~Brian~

Definitely not missing this show either. Gonna get my PNC tickets on Saturday. See all you maniacs that are goin to Holmdel there. Tour of the summer for sure! :headbang: :headbang:

I suspected as much, what a shame. Guess it's a road trip or nothing...:erk: