Gigantour 2 lineup announced

Jasonic said:
Really? I would give it a 6.5/10 at best.
Not that the bands are awful or anything, it's just that all Dave did was get bands who have already been on the big tours.

Last year, he gave US festival exposure for Dream Theater, Nevermore, Symphony X, etc. This year, it's mostly bands (Overkill being the exception) who have already played to big US festival crowds.

He could have done MUCH better in my opinion.
I wish Anthrax had been on the bill as previously rumored, but at least Dave is trying to keep things fresh and hip without being a total sellout. Overkill was a major plus!

7thSaviour said:
I wish Anthrax had been on the bill as previously rumored, but at least Dave is trying to keep things fresh and hip without being a total sellout. Overkill was a major plus!

Fresh and hip? How is adding bands that were previously on Ozzfest and / or Sounds of the Underground being fresh or hip?

Having bands like Cellador, DragonForce, etc would be fresh and hip. Opeth and Arch Enemy would have been fresh and hip a few years back. Overkill is a nice nod to the old school I suppose.

As I said before, I am not saying it is a bad collection of bands. But based on what Dave has stated he had set out to do with Gigantour, I am surprised by the amount of bands who have already been on Ozzfest and SOTU.