A GIGANtic disappointment

Megadeth wouldn't have anything new to offer me, so Overkill would be the only reason I would go to this show, since they haven't come to Atlanta in about 6 years or more (that I'm aware of). And since they'll probably get no more time than Nevermore received last year, it's safe to say that there will be one less fan in attendance if the tour even comes to Atlanta. :Smug:

I had a fucking GREAT time last year just watching Megadeth. Unlike Zod, they were not boring live at all to me personally. I'm not a huge fan of some of the bands, but I'll go to the show for support in hopes that this is another tour that can survive annually.

Well I am thrilled with the lineup. I've seen Megadeth before, with the actual lineup and the Menza, Freedman, Eleffson, Mustaine one. Lamb of God I definately think will be a killer show. Even people that have been to their shows that did not liked them that much, have been impressed how they handle the crowd and the live performance. As for Arch Enemy and Opeth, first time for me, can't wait to see them.
But my main attraction would be Overkill. For years I've been trying to see them live, and now it can be possible. Can't wait on this one.:worship:
Into Eternity is an amazing band. I know they've been on every tour the last couple of years. To me that's positive. We are talking about touring with thrash titans Overkill and Megadeth and "recent" established acts like Arch Enemy and Lamb of God, plus Opeth. That's very good, diverse exposure. You can't go wrong getting into the pit with them. I think the only thing that hurts them really bad is the unstable lineup. But I think they will do just fine.
Overall terrific balance by Mustaine... Hope IE performs a great tour. They deserve it, I like to see them with the big boys (as they were with Strato, Opeth, Amorphis, Gamma Ray)..:headbang:

urayoan said:
Hope IE performs a great tour. They deserve it, I would like very much to see them with the big boys... wait a minute... they ARE now with some big boys...:headbang:

Yes, I hope since they are on this bill afterall they perform great, because when I saw them in NYC opening for Gamma Ray I thought they were horrible. They were great, however when I saw them with Opeth/Nevermore late last year.

:)

Also, this should be a great show for Megadeth fans. Big possibility of them playing some new songs with their hitting in October. Same for Into Eternity.

I guess I can see how Megadeth's live performance would be boring to someone whos not a big fan, but at last years Gigantour they had some nice pyro for them which made it all the more amazing.

Empress said:
I think it's pretty obvious that none of those Power Metal bands would have ended up on Gigantour, I don't know anyone who thought that. So I don't know where this idea even came from.

JayKeeley said:
People were seriously expecting the likes of Blind Guardian or Rhapsody to appear on this tour?

According to the way some people think and feel about some of these bands in this forum, yes, people probably expected that. The idea came from the simple "reading power metal forums" act. There's nothing absurd about that. I dont know why you're so "surprised" with what I said...

I wasn't really 'SUPRISED', just thought it was funny how you reacted and because I didn't hear anything (atleast on this forum) about something like that.

Then again, I'm not on many forums.

I won't be going this year... at least last year I had DT, Nevermore and Megadeth... 3 killer bands for me... I can skip Megadeth this year and I am not a hige fan of any of the others listed... except for AE whom I do like

Not a stellar line up. All those bands tour all the time.
Last year's line up brought a lot of lesser known bands to bigger stages and venues.
All the more known bands, except for Overkill, have done the Ozzfest or Sounds of Underground tours.
Very weak.
I know there are still more to be announced, but I am not expecting much.

Who cares anyhow? Maiden just annoucned their tour!!!

Pabla said:
except for AE whom I do like

heh, interestingly enough, AE has toured here numerous times, and I STILL have not seen them yet. They're the band I'm most looking forward to on this tour.

Empress said:
Yes, I hope since they are on this bill afterall they perform great, because when I saw them in NYC opening for Gamma Ray I thought they were horrible. They were great, however when I saw them with Opeth/Nevermore late last year.

Horrible? Well, I think considering they had only 10 days to rehearse as a band thanks to their line-up changes and problems they did very well. It sounded a lot better than I thought it would considering the situation given. I think these things should be considered in my opinion. However, I have to agree they sounded much better on the Opeth tour, that's without a half a doubt.

AngraRULES said:
Horrible? Well, I think considering they had only 10 days to rehearse as a band thanks to their line-up changes and problems they did very well. It sounded a lot better than I thought it would considering the situation given. I think these things should be considered in my opinion. However, I have to agree they sounded much better on the Opeth tour, that's without a half a doubt.

I didn't get to catch 'em on that tour, but I can concur that they did sound amazingly tight on the Opeth tour. It sucks that they've recently lost Rob and Adam, so I'm not entirely sure how well they're going to play at Gigantour with more line-up changes, but it'll be awesome exposure for them nevertheless and I'm sure the new material will kick a few asses (my own included!).

AngraRULES said:

Yes, I thought they sounded horrible.

But since you give me all of this to think about, well, I didn't know that. However, that singer...

:puke:

AngraRULES said:
Well, I wouldn't say they were horrible, but I have to agree it was the weakest show I've seen so far (out of like 7 or so). The line-up changes were definitely felt. Drums seemed to be sustained, but there was a big gap without Rob. I for one, like Stu's vocals, but it seems to be hit or miss with him and the fans. Some love, some hate, little in between.

Prog Maiden said:
I didn't get to catch 'em on that tour, but I can concur that they did sound amazingly tight on the Opeth tour. It sucks that they've recently lost Rob and Adam, so I'm not entirely sure how well they're going to play at Gigantour with more line-up changes, but it'll be awesome exposure for them nevertheless and I'm sure the new material will kick a few asses (my own included!).

They already played that show (Gamma Ray) with the same lineup that will do Gigantour, with Colin on guitars and Jim Austin on drums. They got much tighter since then and it'll be a very good tour to catch them. No, I don't think Colin is a permanent member. Your ass will be kicked just like everyone else's, it'll be great.

Empress said:
Yes, I thought they sounded horrible.

But since you give me all of this to think about, well, I didn't know that. However, that singer...

:puke:

I don't mean to be always disagreeing with you, but maybe you forgot that we told you that a couple of times at that show about all of their line-up problems. :heh:

AMBR said:
Well, I wouldn't say they were horrible, but I have to agree it was the weakest show I've seen so far (out of like 7 or so). The line-up changes were definitely felt. Drums seemed to be sustained, but there was a big gap without Rob. I for one, like Stu's vocals, but it seems to be hit or miss with him and the fans. Some love, some hate, little in between.

Wait till you hear him on the album... :headbang:
I agree that there was a big gap with Colin on guitars, but again he only had a few days to learn the songs. Also he's never been a metal guitarist. He's more of a jazz musician as far as I know. You could tell by his stage presence...

Stu's gonna blow everyone away in the new album. Just wait and you'll hear :headbang:

I like how the topic of 'being spoiled' comes up when people say they are dissapointed in the lineup. Really, it's interesting to me that you just CAN'T like a band or overall lineup and you are considered spoiled. Golly, could it just be that you think 80% of the bands are shit?

I know that we all have to support the 'Metal Underground' and go see bands that we know we don't like, but oh well, call me a Metal Poseur, I guess I'll pass. I'm not going to waste my time just to see Opeth and drink overpriced drinks.

Lousy Lineup.