Alesis Dm5 vs Dm Pro

heavenshell

Jul 26, 2006
Hey guys i currently own the dm5 bought it for $200 . i use the speed metal sample which is fine yea it does the job . but i need to use my won samples ie kick and 808 bass drops live i refuse to spend the 500-1000$ on the roland units but i can get the dm pro for under 300 i read that you can load your own samples is this reliable and ho do u do it ?

thanks cheers,

Andrew

I don't know if it helps you, but lately i've finaly tried to configure my td-3/macbook configuration. I can trigger samples (like sneap's kick and snare) realtime from abletons impulse.

So if you happen to have a laptop with a midi/audio firewire interface, i suggest this way over any high-end drum module.

Dunno about the dm pro, i think it runs on some oldschool compact flash type thingie which might be hard to get

I looked in to the DM pro years ago, and besides being hard to come by (discontinued?) it uses a type of memory that I don't think is easy to come by these days. Make sure you thoroughly research what media it needs, and how you'll load the samples.

Have you looked at the Boss FC50? It might be able to be triggered via MIDI. There must be more samplers out there besides the Alesis and Roland stuff