Alesis Monitor One MkII or M-Audio BX5 D2

TwoDoorProductions

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2013
Bristol
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place I'm a total noob here but I'm looking for a pair of cheap monitors and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either Alesis M1 Mk2 or the M-Audio BX5 D2? They're both pretty much the same price but wondering what had the clearer sound.

Not sure about the BX5's but I have the BX8's and for the price they are very solid. I got the pair used (demo stock) from guitar center for less than $200 shipped including extended warranty and they were like new. Sound great to me.

I've had the Alesis Monitor One MkIIs for about 10 years and - while I am satisfied with them because of the price - i would not recommend them. They are far better than typical stereo speakers but also far inferior to a typical studio monitors.

See I was looking at the Alesis' because of the fact it had a slightly better range than the BX5s. Does anyone know what the BX5s sound like? Seen some places say they distort a fair bit

I hated both these monitors when I heard them. I've had a pair of JBL LSR2325's in my bedroom setup for the last couple years and imo they are FAR more smooth and balanced than the M-audio. Or look at the equator d5's. Either way, I'd stay away from both Alesis and M-audio.