firestudio/samson

Massili

Jun 3, 2005
hey,

I finally got the cash to upgrade my system but when i was in the store testing the damm stuffs arose a guy telling me he had a fireface 400 to sell and a pair of m-audio BX5 for a damm good price but second hand and i dont trust in cheap second hand stuffs... so, worth the fireface 400 and not the firestudio? even if both were new...
i cant go to his home to test the stuffs cuz he lives far away from me.... and about the m-audio bx5 over the samson resolv 65a?

ah there is a esi near 5 in the store too but i couldnt test it...

Remember that most people(me included) don't have a chance to test every single piece of equipment out there. A little patience is important when it comes to these kinds of questions.

There are some Fireface 400 users around...Just make sure you have a compatible TI based fireware interface, the sound is really nice AFIK, but I've never had one.
The Maudio monitors...um it all depends on what are you comparing them to, a friend of mine has the BX8 and he loves them for the price, he makes drum and bass ( yes, electronic music), so I guess the bass response on the ones you mention should have less bass response due to smaller woofers.

i've heard fireface 800 results, and they beat a lot of protools recordings (digi 002)

im not joking

so i can only imagine the fireface 400 is just as great as the 800 without the 4 extra channels tho

Fireface 400 is an excellent unit. I upgraded from a Delta 1010 and haven't looked back. Excelled AD-DA converters, rock-solid drivers and "usuable" mic pre's if you don't already have a dedicated mic pre, or want some extras. One of the best (if not the best) musical purchases I've made.

8 analogue inputs/outputs (well, really 6 as outputs 7+8 are for the headphone jack), plus SPDIF ins/outs (great for my CD player) and further expansion available if needed via ADAT interface.

Just rackmounted mine last week. Although I've had it for months I've finally getting round to doing some serious tracking and it's producing excellent results. The pre-production/writing work I've done on it previously was only the tip of the iceberg, but I simply love this thing.