Alexi ESP guitar question

metaldeathlord

New Metal Member
May 9, 2002
Visit site
What's the difference between the real Alexi signature ESP and the LTD version? I'm looking to buy either or and dont want to spend a few thousand more on the signature version unless there is a huge difference in both. The only difference i've found is the tuners, one is gotoh and the other is grover.

well,common sense says that your not going to pay 2,00 dollars more for something with only better tuners,so the quality of everything must be different.but dude get a RR1 or something.

yeah i just played an RR1 and wasn't too impressed... sounds crazy but i have an rr3
with a seymour-duncan dimebucker in it and i get a better tone out of that

metaldeathlord said:
What's the difference between the real Alexi signature ESP and the LTD version? I'm looking to buy either or and dont want to spend a few thousand more on the signature version unless there is a huge difference in both. The only difference i've found is the tuners, one is gotoh and the other is grover.

they both suck.. get an RR-J2SP:
http://jacksonstars.com/rrj2sp.html
it's about 950 $

i'm gonna import one this summer

^?? where??? you dont get a price anywhere, and i asked a dealer, he told me with shipping + insurance € 1000

HomerJ_123 said:
^?? where??? you dont get a price anywhere, and i asked a dealer, he told me with shipping + insurance € 1000
I compared the yen rates to american dollars, i did all the math.

yeah but... look:

For confirm our deal,here is the estimated cost of the item.

Jackson Stars guitar
RR-J2SP w/soft case--------------------132,000JPY
Shipping fee(insurance fee included)----14,000JPY
------------------------------------------------------
The total------------------------------146,000JPY

For your reference,here is today's currency conversion.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006
146,000 Japanese Yen = 1,033.38 Euro

and there's not much difference to dollar$

Conti said:
well,common sense says that your not going to pay 2,00 dollars more for something with only better tuners,so the quality of everything must be different.but dude get a RR1 or something.
IT does make sence, people will pay more for a name :erk:

I would get the laiho signature in black, because I like the way the V looks and I like how the ESPs I've played play, including my own. I don't like how the RR guitars look with the offset V, but not 2 full length horns...I think it looks pretty sweet. Though the setup would be different, like something like a H S S or H H and a master volume and 2 tone knobs and just take out those gay inlays. Though I do like Mike Amott's V too...

Rock Hydra said:
I would get the laiho signature in black, because I like the way the V looks and I like how the ESPs I've played play, including my own. I don't like how the RR guitars look with the offset V, but not 2 full length horns...I think it looks pretty sweet. Though the setup would be different, like something like a H S S or H H and a master volume and 2 tone knobs and just take out those gay inlays. Though I do like Mike Amott's V too...
yea.ammots looks pretty sweet,but I still wouldnt get one.

I don't see the point in importing a Jackson from Japan, there are plenty of good guitars out there much better than those Jackson stars.

I don't see the point in importing a Jackson from Japan, there are plenty of good guitars out there much better than those Jackson stars.

In Europe, i don't think there's RR with 24 frets for less than 1200 Euros...

^+1, well there even isnt an RR with 24 frets except the jackson stars