esp alexi laiho vs ltd alexi-600/e-al-120

shumik

May 24, 2006
i never even seen esp alexi laiho in real life, forget about me trying it. i have e-al-120 and i tried alexi-600 at guitar store. they are both pretty good.
whoever has the real esp - do you think it's really worth it? i mean... if it gets better than alexi-600 than in which sense? does it sound better? does it play better? mine sounds and plays pretty good - extremely low action and sounds awesome. I cannot imagine how it can get better! I have an esp custom shop guitar (one of the old US models in the style of M-2)... i mean it's better quality than edwards alexi and it plays slightly better than edwards alexi. Well i bought it for the same price as a new alexi-600... but if it cost 3000$ i dont think i could justify buying it for only these slightly advantages. The question is ESP Alexi like really really better alexi-600 or only slightly better and not worth 2000$ difference?

If you already have an edwards, why the fuck would you want another one of the same type of guitar? same sound, same pickup, slightly different quality (does it even matter?). Try something different.

ive seen one...they looekd cool but i think u should make a custom shop instead like ran guitars or somethin...well u seem to have custom shop esp but ill tell you this...a korean(or indonesian guitar)made guitar is totally different and when its handmade its cool but yes....i dunno but theyre bound to be good but if you ahve edwards i dunno if its worth it

Or a custom shop jackson?:) Well the edwards aint THAT hard to get...go on ebay...they got atleast 2 trustable sellers.

yeah i know, theres always at least 2 on ebay. but i just didnt feel like buying a guitar that i'd never played before.

yeah thats a problem...good you got the ltd by the playing experience...you never know...the edwards could like fucking be something...bad too :erk: too bad theyre only made in japan. And that they cant sell ESP sv in the states is fuckin retarded!

dude. if they could sell the sv in the states. i would save up and get that. that is the coolest guitar in the world IMO. fucking amazing colors, and 2 god damn pickups

Yeah i know. I live in finland and it costs 1700€ here i think. Its so retarded all that copyright shit! they sell them at ebay but its so fucked up still

Well If you owned the company Jackson, then you'd be more than a little pissed off if some other guitar company started using the body shapes you invented and started making more money from them. Same with Gibson and ESP.

postjump

well yeah but still. Its a sweet guitar...and then theres this guitar in finland sold thats not sold anywhere else...ESP-ltd mmv. Its in 2 colors. White with black pinstripes and with arrowhead inlays. and Black with yellow pinstripes. It has 2 HZ H4 Pickups and set neck. Licensed floyd rose and 24 frets. Ebony(i think) fretboard,Alder body i think. It was my 2nd guitar. Cost me 500 euros

those are hella tight. thats only like 740 us bucks. i would so get that if it was possible. Epi, has that same guitar.

Yeah they are. I just wish i would have been as careful with it as i am with rr24...as second guitar i didnt appreciate it enough :erk: But really it had superb playability! I installed a EMG afterburner to it and it sounded just like laihos when i ran it through a (you arent gonna believe this) Marshall 15CD :haha: Well i love d it. Ofcourse i like my jackson more but it was still pretty fuckin good bang for the buck

I own myself and Edwards E-AL-120 Scythe, it's amazing , i love it. Im using a Marshall tube ( i think its MG series , its a old one doh) and a BOSS GT-6 pedal. It actually sounds pretty amazing. Only problem , is lead with the EMGHZ. I'd like to have better sound for lead , something more like alexi on studio , round , smooth , fat i could say me. Something that actually sounds good for solos. I could make myself one with that GT-6 , just gotta learn how ti works hehe.

But if you wanna buy an LTD ALEXI when you have a edwards , it's worthless , trust me.

nah, i don;t want another one, or change my edwards for esp. i don't think it there is any justification in buying one. i probably can imagine how different it feels - since i bought earlier this year a used esp custom shop guitar from the 90s - probably the same difference in feel and quality. but i think there is probably no much difference in the tone between esp alexi and edwards. i just wondering what people think. there aren't that many people who'd wanna buy esp alexi. If i were in a band i'd rather get something more versatile... actually i dont think i would need another guitar i already have a high quality guitar and an edwards. I think there isnt much sense in getting those expensive guitars unless you get them used for half the price - the difference in feel and playability between hi end ltds or edwards and esp isn't worth 2000$ imo.

I own myself and Edwards E-AL-120 Scythe, it's amazing , i love it.
congrats man! you must have got it recently cos they only started to sell those recently. i bet it's an awesome guitar. the only difference from sawtooth is the painted neck.