esp alexi laiho vs ltd alexi-600/e-al-120

i have the alexi-600. i love it, since im in the states theres really no chance of me getting the edwards for a decent price. i was very content with the ltd version, maybe one day ill get an edwards.

no man! do not even bother. I have E-AL-120 and i tried Alexi-600 in the store... they are same quality and sound the same. There is absolutely no point in getting an edwards in your case. I bought an edwards, because i am in canada... and guitars here are rip off everywhere... they are like 50% more expensive than in the USA - same shit as you guys have but u pay more! So ordering E-AL-120 from Japan to Canada is cheaper than buying Alexi-600. In the US you guys get amazing deals on LTDs and ESPs unlike here.

I have heard Edwards just one time, but it sounded like 100 dollars Harley Benton :D

a 1000-2000€ guitar can and will sound like a 100 € one through a crap amp and/or bad set up. You wont do the guitar justice through a marshall mg or a fuckin line 6 spider.

a 1000-2000€ guitar can and will sound like a 100 € one through a crap amp and/or bad set up. You wont do the guitar justice through a marshall mg or a fuckin line 6 spider.

yepp, this is the ultimate truth! a lot of people don't pay attention to the amp quality and setup. In my opinion it's more important than the guitar itself. I know some people like that in my town - one has a 500$ guitar that he plugs it into 15watt practice amp and the other one has like 4 guitars with the cheapest being 600$ that he sold and the most expensive being 1500$ which he plugs to roland cube 30 - fortunately for him he bought peavey valveking 212 just last week so that's an improvement. There is even a guy on this forum with Jackson RR24 and Roland Cube 30 - to me it doesnt make sense to plug a 1000$ guitar into 180$ amp - especially the guitar that's designed to overdrive tube amps like RR24.

And Roland Cubes really sucks on metal. Don´t sharp distrortion at all

no man! do not even bother. I have E-AL-120 and i tried Alexi-600 in the store... they are same quality and sound the same. There is absolutely no point in getting an edwards in your case. I bought an edwards, because i am in canada... and guitars here are rip off everywhere... they are like 50% more expensive than in the USA - same shit as you guys have but u pay more! So ordering E-AL-120 from Japan to Canada is cheaper than buying Alexi-600. In the US you guys get amazing deals on LTDs and ESPs unlike here.

hey man dont mind me asking but if your in canada cause im moving to toronto in the summer and want to buy an edwards arrowhead, can u please tell me the website you ordered it from ? i was on ebay and i found one used edwards and nothing else so i would really appreciate it if you can tell me where to order it and if its less costlier than a ltd 600 that would be perfect for me, thanks

yepp, this is the ultimate truth! a lot of people don't pay attention to the amp quality and setup. In my opinion it's more important than the guitar itself. I know some people like that in my town - one has a 500$ guitar that he plugs it into 15watt practice amp and the other one has like 4 guitars with the cheapest being 600$ that he sold and the most expensive being 1500$ which he plugs to roland cube 30 - fortunately for him he bought peavey valveking 212 just last week so that's an improvement. There is even a guy on this forum with Jackson RR24 and Roland Cube 30 - to me it doesnt make sense to plug a 1000$ guitar into 180$ amp - especially the guitar that's designed to overdrive tube amps like RR24.

and what amp would you suggest to run an edwards through for a good sound?

How much is your budget?

Also this would have to be asked in GUITARPLAYERS THREAD instead of bumping this ancient thread.

hey man dont mind me asking but if your in canada cause im moving to toronto in the summer and want to buy an edwards arrowhead, can u please tell me the website you ordered it from ? i was on ebay and i found one used edwards and nothing else so i would really appreciate it if you can tell me where to order it and if its less costlier than a ltd 600 that would be perfect for me, thanks

i bought one from ishibashi

How much is your budget?

Also this would have to be asked in GUITARPLAYERS THREAD instead of bumping this ancient thread.

sorry i bumped htis cause someone here was from canada so he knows the pain we go through when it comes to music instrumen prices, my budget is strictly 1200 dollars, im all for the rr24 honestly but the thing is i own an ESP and iv been extremely satisfied with its quality and neck etc, it really suits me and iv heard there have been some bad quality models of the rr24 (pain jobfaults) so im kinda hesitant otherwise i love the rr24 and i would buy it over the edwards but its that simple thing that gives me a doubt, this is gonna be my first jackson if i buy it and im really into buying it but again i just hope its a good quality piece, ESP has never disapponited me thats why

sorry i bumped htis cause someone here was from canada so he knows the pain we go through when it comes to music instrumen prices, my budget is strictly 1200 dollars, im all for the rr24 honestly but the thing is i own an ESP and iv been extremely satisfied with its quality and neck etc, it really suits me and iv heard there have been some bad quality models of the rr24 (pain jobfaults) so im kinda hesitant otherwise i love the rr24 and i would buy it over the edwards but its that simple thing that gives me a doubt, this is gonna be my first jackson if i buy it and im really into buying it but again i just hope its a good quality piece, ESP has never disapponited me thats why

Mine has worked like a dream and it's paintjob is near perfection. It was shit in a store i tried i admit. Felt like a toy :erk: Well if you want pics of RR24 go to the "Guitar Compilation" thread. There are LOTS AND LOTS of RR24s tehre:lol:

Mine has worked like a dream and it's paintjob is near perfection. It was shit in a store i tried i admit. Felt like a toy :erk: Well if you want pics of RR24 go to the "Guitar Compilation" thread. There are LOTS AND LOTS of RR24s tehre:lol:

haha iv seen all those pics and i love the rr24 out of the edwards and ltd-600, if i buy it its from a very reliable ebay store that ships from america to canada cause firstly looking for a specific model jackson is a horror when i last went to toronto so ill get it off the ebay store heres a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Jackson-Ran...Z2384QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

i think im just going to buy the rr24, hows the neck phenom? compared to an esp's? and i hope it is able to be setup on a low action ccause low action guitars really effect my playability in a good way

Well the neck is pretty thin. It's like a wider version of a Wizard 2 neck IMO. It gives a good grip for lead playing and meaty riffs. I like the quality on it too...ive had no problems. Now that its set with 11-50 strings it plays like a dream. Only thing you MIGHT have problem with is reaching the 24th fret with your pinky. I think my action is pretty low. With the string gauge i use now i don't get any fret buzz in Drop C/D tuning.

Well the neck is pretty thin. It's like a wider version of a Wizard 2 neck IMO. It gives a good grip for lead playing and meaty riffs. I like the quality on it too...ive had no problems. Now that its set with 11-50 strings it plays like a dream. Only thing you MIGHT have problem with is reaching the 24th fret with your pinky. I think my action is pretty low. With the string gauge i use now i don't get any fret buzz in Drop C/D tuning.

yeah the guitar i have atm which isnt much (ESP LTD Dv-200, back when mustaine was endorsed by ESP) it has a pretty thin neck and its a V too with no cutaway btw and i have no problem reaching the 24th fret on the v's iv tried, yeah im going to be using my curent guitar for standard tuning and use the jackson for C/d tunings myself as i play in flames and bodom alot, 11-50 strings would be perfect for those tunings i think, so iguess ill go with the rr24, hopefully ill be able to play one before i order it thanks alot phenom :)

haha iv seen all those pics and i love the rr24 out of the edwards and ltd-600, if i buy it its from a very reliable ebay store that ships from america to canada cause firstly looking for a specific model jackson is a horror when i last went to toronto so ill get it off the ebay store heres a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Jackson-Ran...Z2384QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

i think im just going to buy the rr24, hows the neck phenom? compared to an esp's? and i hope it is able to be setup on a low action ccause low action guitars really effect my playability in a good way

(ESP) SV rapes LTD, edwards and the RR24

yeah the guitar i have atm which isnt much (ESP LTD Dv-200, back when mustaine was endorsed by ESP) it has a pretty thin neck and its a V too with no cutaway btw and i have no problem reaching the 24th fret on the v's iv tried, yeah im going to be using my curent guitar for standard tuning and use the jackson for C/d tunings myself as i play in flames and bodom alot, 11-50 strings would be perfect for those tunings i think, so iguess ill go with the rr24, hopefully ill be able to play one before i order it thanks alot phenom :)
Yeah well 11-50 works fine for me in D and Drop C! Yeah get it if you want...:) Remember to set up the bridge well then and take care of it and it will take care of you! No problem...ask me if something more is needed:kickass:
(ESP) SV rapes LTD, edwards and the RR24

You can't really compare...the price difference is 1000 dollars :lol: Plus i would get a RR1:kickass: In Quality im sure the SV will pwn all(dunno bout RR1 tho)

im no pro when it comes to guitar setups so ill probrably take it to a profesional and make him do it infront of me so i can learn and then take care of it , plus im kinda new to floyd roses even though iv had some experience with them since my friend has an ibanez with one