Alexi Laiho signed guitar to be auctioned for charity

saratheangry

New Metal Member
Jan 12, 2012
Hey COB fans, I have some news that some of you may be very interested in. I have it on good authority that a non-profit organization I volunteer for is auctioning off an ESP guitar signed by Alexi Laiho online through MissionFish.org sometime in the very near future.

Special Spirit is a non-profit therapeutic riding program dedicated to helping special needs children grow and flourish through learning to ride and care for horses. 100% of the winning bid goes straight into the program, so one lucky bastard is going to get a super awesome signed guitar AND the satisfaction of knowing that he/she has helped to improve the lives of special needs children and their families.

I don't have details yet, but I'll post back here with guitar specs, auction date, starting bid, etc. as soon as I can get this info from my supervisor, probably in about a week or two.

This is not bullshit or a scam - scout's honor. I am deeply involved with the program and have seen the guitar in person. You can check out Special Spirit's Facebook page and website (a shiny new one is currently in the works, but the yucky old version is still up) to learn more about what we do and make sure that I'm not yanking your chain. Further information on the guitar auction will be posted on FB as well.

Cheers guys!

I've finally got pictures of the guitar for you guys! Special Spirit's board of directors hasn't officially agreed on the starting bid or reserve yet, but they are tentatively set at $700 and $1200. The auction will begin as soon as the details are all sorted out, though I can't say for certain since I'm not in charge.

The guitar is a white ESP LTD Alexi 600 with black details. I assume the specs are the same as those for the Alexi 600 Scythe (found here) except the inlays on the fingerboard are not shaped like scythes.

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg