Alexi Laiho gives a "private" guitar lesson!!

I love it when people judge bands after hearing 1 or 2 songs. I bet you 2 haven't even sat down and listened to The Crusade once. Some of the songs sound so far from Metallica. I bet Entrance is the only song you heard and you just judge them by that. (And I do agree Entrance is Metallicaish, but there's another 12 songs on the album that are SO different...)

Don't get me wrong I'm not much of a Trivium fan, infact I rarely listen to them. But you guys just diss them cause its the 'cool' thing to do.

About the jeans and the hair, he's hair isnt like amazing or anything, why would you think he's gf does his hair? And you do know that you can get jeans that are your size but are suppose to be a tight fit, right? I swear some of you are like 12 years old. Get the fuck over it.

i used to be a fan. i've heard all their albums more than once. it doesn't matter what anyone says. the fact that they, especially the bass player, have been obnoxious and spoiled enough to SAY they're the next Metallica... REPEATEDLY... shows they're going for nothing but image and $$$. they're pathetic. oh and let's not forget that they, in their endeavor to become the next Metallica, have lost all signs of creativity and have taken to ripping off classic metal riffs.

kthanks.

p.s. grow a sense of humor. not everything one says is meant to be taken literally.

^I agree with most of it, but i still don't like trivium, but then again, i don't like metallica now either.

Edit: Postjumped

i used to be a fan. i've heard all their albums more than once. it doesn't matter what anyone says. the fact that they, especially the bass player, have been obnoxious and spoiled enough to SAY they're the next Metallica... REPEATEDLY... shows they're going for nothing but image and $$$. they're pathetic. oh and let's not forget that they, in their endeavor to become the next Metallica, have lost all signs of creativity and have taken to ripping off classic metal riffs.

kthanks.

p.s. grow a sense of humor. not everything one says is meant to be taken literally.
I don't think their goal is to literally be the next metallica, but to be as BIG as Metallica. That was their goal, to be the biggest band they could be... what's wrong with setting goals?

So just cause they wrote a more classic sounding album, that apparently means their ripping off classic metal... right. Name some examples of songs being ripped off?

Metal is all about image, look at alexi for christ sakes. I do agree about the $$$ thing though, they did change their sound for a wider audience. Which obviosly means more record sales and more money, but it's not like they fucking sold out and went pop (except maybe 2 songs, for the radio). There's still some heavy songs on The Crusade. They are far from being rich though, i'm betting they would have enough for a decent house and a comfortable life, I'm sure every band would love that.

kthanks

I don't think their goal is to literally be the next metallica, but to be as BIG as Metallica. That was their goal, to be the biggest band they could be... what's wrong with setting goals?

So just cause they wrote a more classic sounding album, that apparently means their ripping off classic metal... right. Name some examples of songs being ripped off?

Metal is all about image, look at alexi for christ sakes. I do agree about the $$$ thing though, they did change their sound for a wider audience. Which obviosly means more record sales and more money, but it's not like they fucking sold out and went pop (except maybe 2 songs, for the radio). There's still some heavy songs on The Crusade. They are far from being rich though, i'm betting they would have enough for a decent house and a comfortable life, I'm sure every band would love that.

kthanks

while i'm in the midst of collecting examples of their rip-off riffs, i'll point this out in the meantime-

Heafy's daddy is loaded. Heafy has had a silver spoon in his mouth since day 1. He hasn't paid his dues to the degree of any other band, he's taken a lot of detours. It's resulted in his nose being stuck up in the air since they've been exposed and not looking back.

"We're gonna be the next ::insert name::"
What sounds more prestigious- Metallica or Slayer????? They bring up Metallica, they're going for their image which now basically consists of $$$$. I think any metalhead idiot knows the basics- Metallica=$$$ and Slayer=legendary.
I think Slayer and Metallica are equally big, however in different ways. Metallica ruined it for themselves by pumping out Load and never recovering. To make matters worse they made themselves the token industry bitches by making war with Napster. Now they're more or less a roll of the eyes for most.
Slayer's still Slayer. They haven't put themselves out in the media as money-hungry industry whores. As far as I know they haven't strayed away from doing what they set out to do- make music. And that's not to say because of that they're financially less successful. Nowadays Slayer probably has an equal if not more loyal fanbase than Metallica.

Argue if you want.

I'd wanna be the next Slayer.

I love it when people judge bands after hearing 1 or 2 songs. I bet you 2 haven't even sat down and listened to The Crusade once. Some of the songs sound so far from Metallica. I bet Entrance is the only song you heard and you just judge them by that. (And I do agree Entrance is Metallicaish, but there's another 12 songs on the album that are SO different...)

Don't get me wrong I'm not much of a Trivium fan, infact I rarely listen to them. But you guys just diss them cause its the 'cool' thing to do.

About the jeans and the hair, he's hair isnt like amazing or anything, why would you think he's gf does his hair? And you do know that you can get jeans that are your size but are suppose to be a tight fit, right? I swear some of you are like 12 years old. Get the fuck over it.

lol i actually have a copy of the crusade cause my friend gave it to me for a goob bye present. One of the songs sound like dream theatre.
Plus I don't diss them cause its a "cool" thing to do. I diss them cause theres something about them that just bothers me. I mean everyone has different tastes right?

while i'm in the midst of collecting examples of their rip-off riffs, i'll point this out in the meantime-

Heafy's daddy is loaded. Heafy has had a silver spoon in his mouth since day 1. He hasn't paid his dues to the degree of any other band, he's taken a lot of detours. It's resulted in his nose being stuck up in the air since they've been exposed and not looking back.

"We're gonna be the next ::insert name::"
What sounds more prestigious- Metallica or Slayer????? They bring up Metallica, they're going for their image which now basically consists of $$$$. I think any metalhead idiot knows the basics- Metallica=$$$ and Slayer=legendary.
I think Slayer and Metallica are equally big, however in different ways. Metallica ruined it for themselves by pumping out Load and never recovering. To make matters worse they made themselves the token industry bitches by making war with Napster. Now they're more or less a roll of the eyes for most.
Slayer's still Slayer. They haven't put themselves out in the media as money-hungry industry whores. As far as I know they haven't strayed away from doing what they set out to do- make music. And that's not to say because of that they're financially less successful. Nowadays Slayer probably has an equal if not more loyal fanbase than Metallica.

Argue if you want.

I'd wanna be the next Slayer.
Lol not really trying to argue, just discussing :D
Yeah Heafy's daddy is probably loaded, but what's that got to do with getting your band famous and making music? Sure it helps with equipment and all that, which some bands will have to go work their asses off for a few months, but it's not really gonna make you a better musician. And you still have to promote and tour your ass off to get your band somewhere.

Bah you can keep bringing up Metallica, but I'm still gonna see it differently. I see those Metallica comments they make as in they want to be a band of that big calibre but still with their own music. I hear so many different influences in their music besides Metallica. Like Maiden, Dream Theatre, Slayer etc. I think the album was meant to show all their influences, and I think their next record will be totally different again (All their records have been quite different) I'm personally hoping they go back to more of the style of Ascendancy or go more progressive, cause Ascendancy kicks the shit out of The Crusade.

The new vocal style of Heafy blows major balls though, he kept sayin in interviews only reason he screamed cause he thought he's singing voice was bad, when the clean vocals on ETI and Ascendancy we're probably better than The Crusade. I think they hated being labelled Metalcore. Metalcore or not the old stuff I thought was pretty good cause Heafy had a unique scream imo.

lol i actually have a copy of the crusade cause my friend gave it to me for a goob bye present. One of the songs sound like dream theatre.
Plus I don't diss them cause its a "cool" thing to do. I diss them cause theres something about them that just bothers me. I mean everyone has different tastes right?
Well I'm pretty sure Heafy is a big fan of teh Petrucci. Probably why you hear some Dream Theatre influences...
Yeah everyone does have different tastes:p , I HATE emo music and all that bullshit, But I don't go dissing and raving on about them though.

haha +1

Noone gives a FUCK whether you like Trivium or not. Discuss the dumbass kid or Alexi's crappy teaching. kthx
Yeah, I suppose I hijacked this thread a bit. But it annoys me when people say shit they totally dont understand :D

Anyways that interview was kinda lame, at least the dude could of maybe signed up to the forum and asked the board some questions to ask him. Did anyone think that dude had a real weird voice?

Alexi's teaching actualy wasnt too bad on that, he just needs to like choose better words on how to explain things better.

Yeah, I suppose I hijacked this thread a bit. But it annoys me when people say shit they totally dont understand :D

Me too. Alot of people do just bash bands because everyone else is doing it which is fucking retarded.

Anyway yeah, enough of that shit.

Anyways that interview was kinda lame, at least the dude could of maybe signed up to the forum and asked the board some questions to ask him. Did anyone think that dude had a real weird voice?

Alexi's teaching actualy wasnt too bad on that, he just needs to like choose better words on how to explain things better.

Good to know you know what I understand, buddy. :D

I think the only thing that was kind of effective (though probably not for the kid) was how he described "killing" the arpeggiated notes. "You gotta kill it". But the kid still played chords really anyway. Then again he was also playing while Alexi was talking and trying to teach him.

I don't know where this comes from but it's some kid with a weird accent sitting in a dressing room with Laiho giving him an interview which can be found here: (same ol' questions again...:Smug:)

ALEXI LAIHO INTERVIEW

And then the kid asks a few things and Alexi basically just shows him some licks. That video can be found here: (btw, this guy is amazing rofl)

ALEXI LAIHO GUITAR LESSON

The interview says "pt. 1" so I'm guessing there's another part that isn't yet up on youtube so look out for that.

Damn dude, that kid's a disgrace. What a waste of Alexi's time, you could kinda see it on his face too, slightly taken aback by the basic questions but playing it off cool. Someone ought to tell that kid to go chase after Avenged Sevenfold, since that's obviously the look he's going for. You could totally tell he's working so hard to come of cool, the dork. Best part was when the douchebag was all "You know I support under-aged drinking. *insert idiotic chortle*"
:rolleyes:

Damn dude, that kid's a disgrace. What a waste of Alexi's time, you could kinda see it on his face too, slightly taken aback by the basic questions but playing it off cool. Someone ought to tell that kid to go chase after Avenged Sevenfold, since that's obviously the look he's going for. You could totally tell he's working so hard to come of cool, the dork. Best part was when the douchebag was all "You know I support under-aged drinking. *insert idiotic chortle*"
:rolleyes:

omg that guy was sooo stupid and annoying, i hate when they ask his influences which ive heard 1,000 times already

alexi was really nice to him though

I feel bad for him... he needs some work, and his guitar is a POS. All of his questions are taken straight from COBHC.com, on his profile. Neone notice that?

I should have been there. Atleast i can fuckin sweep (kinda)