Alexi to be joined by 100 guitarists at Helsinki's Senate Square

Alexi Laiho of Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM is turning the Senate Square in Helsinki, Finland into an amazing metal arena. Alexi is composing a commissioned song for the Helsinki Festival, and he is inviting 100 electric guitarists to join him in performing it on the big stage on August 14 at 6:00 p.m.

In the video below, Alexi plays a short riff that he wants to see and hear you play in your audition video. From the auditions, he will pick 100 guitarists to play with him on the Senate Square in Helsinki.

For more information, visit www.100guitarsfromhel.fi.

Here's the audition video:
https://youtu.be/tyXrrFIKB6s

I know there are some capable guitarists here (Arcane :wave: ) so it would be nice if they gave it a shot. An event like this should be fun! Good luck to everyone that's willing to try!

PS. Off-topic but I don't like Alexi's new tattoo at all, I don't think it looks good. Of course, he has done it for a reason so there's not point in arguing about that.

EDIT: I just realized this is already posted in the Misc. videos thread, sorry.

I think it's good to have a thread for this. That riff is damn easy to learn tho, took me tops five minutes to learn that. I've been watching few of those auditions and majority of them are pretty bland and most of them even play the excerpt incorrectly so the level of quality ain't too high. I haven't made my own audition yet, but I'm gonna do it after I get all of my school projects done. Would be kinda cool to be able to participate but I really think my chances aren't that good but you'll never know before you try it.

Senaatintorilla 14.08.2015 eivät soita ainoastaan Alexi ja te tulevat sata kitaristia. Alla ydinbändi koko komeudessaan!
It won't only be Alexi and the 100 guitarists on the Senate Square stage on August 14th 2015. Here's the full line-up of the core band:
Guitar: Kie Von Hertzen (Von Hertzen Brothers, Don Huonot)
Guitar: Archie Cruz (Santa Cruz)
Guitar: Samy Elbanna (Lost Society)
Guitar: Timo Kämäräinen (TOOT TOOT)
Guitar: Tommy Armstrong-Leavitt
Bass: Jyri Helko (For The Imperium)
Keyboards: Janne Wirman (Children Of Bodom)
Drums: Jaska Raatikainen (Children Of Bodom)

COB's latest Facebook post.

This is all just a stunt for COB to release the first song off of the new album

Can't hear shit, what are those chords something like this?
C1f0w5Z.png

alexi is reviewing video entries.

just a little spoiler for anyone who entered a video.....

if you go to your youtube channel and go to analytics you can click on likes/dislikes and it will pull up a graph. below the graph it says geography or something. if your vid got a like from someone in finland you might be in.....if you got a dislike, well......

if you go to your youtube channel and go to analytics you can click on likes/dislikes and it will pull up a graph. below the graph it says geography or something. if your vid got a like from someone in finland you might be in.....if you got a dislike, well......
Ok, I had good chances then, because most of the likes I get are from finnland :D
The time to participate is over. The last entry date was May 31.

Well, seems I'm a bit too late.

Would you have gone to Helsinki if you'd been elected?

Just making sure you're not transferring the accusation onto some other cause.

For your own peace of mind.

Well, I got picked, but there's absolutely NO way I'd be able to go. I was laid off from my job about a month ago and still haven't found another, and even if I were to find one now I would probably have to quit it to attend this since it's less than 2 months away.