alexi's growls

Sexi Alexi 94

Oct 10, 2006
im listening to tokyo warhearts right now and im wondering why does alexi not have the deep growls anymore? when i saw them live he seems to be screaming in a higher voice and shouting the lyrics. did he hurt his voice or something with the deep growls? just curious to know, thanks! :headbang:

and plus ive noticed that the singing is much lower on stuff like something wild and hatebreeder and now its like rough yelling on aydy? just curious again, something to think about i guess on why it is different...im not sure though. :lol:

I like how he sings live now much better then before when he was screaming like the guy in creadle of filth and shit hehe. but the low singing was cool like on black widow, towarts dead end and read light in my eyes. But I don't like this way of singing becuz I like High notes and screams like Matts Leven and like Phil did on Cowboys From Hell and on the Power Metal album and shit like that:lol:

im listening to tokyo warhearts right now and im wondering why does alexi not have the deep growls anymore? when i saw them live he seems to be screaming in a higher voice and shouting the lyrics. did he hurt his voice or something with the deep growls? just curious to know, thanks! :headbang:

and plus ive noticed that the singing is much lower on stuff like something wild and hatebreeder and now its like rough yelling on aydy? just curious again, something to think about i guess on why it is different...im not sure though. :lol:

Chance your av kthx close this!!

Inearthed vocals sounds NOTHING like Lord Worm. Lord Worm uses more screetches llike a bird and the growls are deeper.

Or maybe he just decided to change his style of singing along with the change in style of composition. :confused:

I actually like his vocals on the last two albums better. More power and variation. Tokyo Warhearts is still unbelievably awesome, of course.

I don't really follow COB like most of the fans here but you say he screams higher now than he used to? I know screaming high is harder then low grunting(or so I have read from others experiences). He probally does higher screams now cause maybe he has learned how to do it without hurting himself...just a suggestion.

Well, Angela from Arch Enemy said smoking is devastating to your voice if you want to growl, so it doesn´t look too good for our beloved mr. Laiho.