alexi's growls

An interviewer really needs to ask Alexi this question. It's the only one that everyone wants to know about. Anyway, i don't think he changed his singing on purpose. His vocals have changed on each album so i don't think he can keep it one way. The smoking must have got to him cuz he can't sing the older stuff as well as he used to do.

I'm not sure if it's only the cigarettes.Randy Blythe(from Lamb Of God) is smoking a lot also and he doesn't have such a high voice,that's for sure.
But I already noticed that,too.especially when hearing something wild and then the same songs on CRY(I know you CAN'T compare studio tracks to live tracks but I just did!)

I'm not sure if it's only the cigarettes.Randy Blythe(from Lamb Of God) is smoking a lot also and he doesn't have such a high voice,that's for sure.
But I already noticed that,too.especially when hearing something wild and then the same songs on CRY(I know you CAN'T compare studio tracks to live tracks but I just did!)

True, but Randy Blythe normally uses a lower voice than Alexi

By saying Randy uses a lower voice, you mean Alexi is screaming right? You can't blame all his vocal change on smoking. There are other singers that smoke a lot and their vocals are still fine like Chris Barns.