Alice & Def Leppard rumours

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
As most of you would've heard Alice Cooper is meant to be touring later this year and 95% chance he will, always does.

But thought I'd share with you that I've heard rumours that there have been talks of Def Leppard coming on the tour with him.

:headbang: Dunno how much trust I'd put into that but its a nice thought anyway haha!

I doubt it will even happen, its probably bullshit. Just thought I'd mention it lol.

Personally I'd rather see Def Leppard, as much as I love Cooper. I wanna see separate full tours by both lol.

Then Blitzy and I can kidnap Phil Collen and Viv Campbell and force them to write a metal album! :headbang:

I'd love to have seen Def Leppard last time they were here. Was it 89 on last leg of the Hysteria tour?

Ditto Alice, since I missed him the last couple of times. Is his new album out in Australia yet? I still can't find it anywhere.

W

I dont think they toured here for Hysteria, I remember Joe Elliot saying in an interview that Hysteria went to number one here just as they finished touring, and that they started the Adrenalize tour here to make up for it. (I dont know if it was the first date on the Adrenalize tour, but it must have been somewhere at the start).

Of course they may have, I dont know for sure, just going by what I read :)

Def Leppard came here in 1988 with their In The Round stageshow, and again in 1992. They also came for a promotional tour in about 1997 (no concerts) and my dad got to see them play an acoustic set at The Ritz Hotel for just the record company & special guests, and couldn't take me with him because I was underage :bah:

And yep I think BB Steal were support. And Phil Collen produced their album if I'm not mistaken (?? think I heard that somewhere), and their album pretty much sounds like Hysteria!

Hysteria but not as good im assuming? Because if it sounds like Hysteria I want to hear it!

Yeah not as good, but has the same sound. That sound ultra-crisp reverb soaked production and layers of backing vocals and that same Def Leppard twin guitar sound. Good luck finding it :lol:

Trixxi Trash said:
Def Leppard came here in 1988 with their In The Round stageshow, and again in 1992. They also came for a promotional tour in about 1997 (no concerts) and my dad got to see them play an acoustic set at The Ritz Hotel for just the record company & special guests, and couldn't take me with him because I was underage :bah:

And yep I think BB Steal were support. And Phil Collen produced their album if I'm not mistaken (?? think I heard that somewhere), and their album pretty much sounds like Hysteria!

Ha. You must have been writing this the same time as me! Yep, Collen produced BB Steal's album. It sounded exactly like Hysteria, and no one bought it. :)

Bloody Chaos haven't got it yet. They're about as useful as a cardboard barbecue :bah:.

Are the stories true that the Coop has ditched the neo-industrial sounds of Brutal Planet and Dragontown to go back to his 70s roots? Fingers crossed anyway. Alice trying to sound like Marylin just didn't gel with me, even though the lyrics were as good as ever.

W

I actually think Alice did good things on "Brutal Planet". It was definitely his most angry album in a long time. It didn't actually sound that forced to me because he's always been an artist to experiment and to me it sounded like he was taking a little back from Manson, who'd aped him for so long yet barely paid him even lip service.