Alice & Def Leppard rumours

Definitely get Hysteria - it's a classic. Adrenalize is a bit rubbish, and they were sort of slumming it for about ten years after that until X which is pop rock at its best! :headbang:

Nah Adrenalize isn't rubbish. You just have to get rid of "Heaven Is" and "Personal Property" which are pretty gay.

But songs like Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion), Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad, Tonight and White Lightning are unbelievable! Some of their best stuff ever. And Let's Get Rocked, I Wanna Touch U and Make Love Like A Man are fun little rockers too.

Not for me, probably been my most played Def Leppard album in the last year or so actually. Mainly because of those 4 songs I mentioned that are awesome keep me putting it on over and over again.

What about Euphoria? The reviews were awful when it first came out, but only because they blamed it for trying to bring back 80s hard rock into a market saturated with alternative crap.

Pyromania's been on my list for many a year, but I can never seem to find it. The only DL stuff on the shelves these days seems to be Hysteria, Vault and the occasional copy of X.

W

I didn't care much for Euphoria. A couple of good songs (Promises and Goodbye) but the rest is just average stuff.

X... now *there's* a great album! :headbang:

Brutal Planet isn't Alice Cooper trying to sound like Marilyn Manson, it is Alice Cooper being heavily influenced by his friendship with Rob Zombie, which is fine with me, because he pulled out an awesome album with that sound. Likewise, Rob Zombie's The Sinister Urge album has some strong Alice influences in it, but thats another story. I haven't heard anything from Dragontown, but if it is more of the same, then I am more interested than I was before knowing that.

I was I saw Alice on the Brutal tour. I considered it but not seriously enough. :(

As for Vivian Campbell, I think we should force him to watch his Hot Licks video and all his live DIO videos and remind him how much he used to rock.

Yeah Dragontown is similar to Brutal Planet, but not quite as fast or heavy. Still a cool album. :) You should be able to pick it up cheaply somewhere or other, if Brutal Planet is any guide.

Should have gone to see him on that tour Blitzy, for it will no doubt be at least $20 more expensive next time round. :(

Yeah, the Kiss concert was the night before the Alice Cooper concert (both at Carrara Stadium) and they were handing out cheapo discount passes to Alice at Kiss. I would have gone too but couldn't be bothered.

I would've gone too but the cheap tickets were if you bought two and there was miscommunications between me & the chick I was gonna go with on the day and we never made it there. :(

Trixxi Trash said:
Alice Cooper tickets went down to $42 for the floor and $32 for the decks in the last week before the show. Very cheap.
Which is why I don't think he'll tour again.

Then;
Brutal Planet sold well. There were ad's on TV and the paper advertising the gig. He was on Rove. Fliers were given out at 4 consecutive soldout Kiss concerts at the same venue. Everything was perfect, but the concert was a huge flop. The place was half empty and half the fans that were there were fans of Paul Rogers!

Now;
Is the new album even released in Australia? It's sold under 10thous copies in the US. How many of us know what it's called? What it sounds like? What the songs are?

He ain't touring. :(