Alice & Def Leppard rumours

Wrathchild said:
DESTROY THEM! DESTROY THEM AT ONCE!

EXCELLENT!

YOU BELONG TO US... YOU SHALL BE LIKE US!

Sorry. I always have to do that whenever there's talk of Cybermen making the rounds. Old habits die hard...

W

WE WILL SURVIVE!

THEY CALL THIS ONE, THE DOCTOR

No problem bud, It's better than people running around with a sink plunger, Saying "EXTERMINATE!", "EXTERMINATE!"

If the Leps are coming to Australia then I'm there. British Glam all the way!!!
My favorite albums are Pyromania (for obvious reasons) and On Through the Night (Because it is raw riff driven british metal in its purest form and the song "Wasted" is a metal classsic that unfortuneately doesnt appear on any best of albums).

I'd also love to see cooper, because of the brilliant stage show he puts on. As for brutal planet, it was great as an industrial album but opposed to alice coopers previous albums such as Trash or Billion Dollar Babies, it just didnt cut it. I'm not a particually big fan of 80s metal bands changing their sound drastically to stay in the mainstream (i.e Metallica, Motley Crue), maybe its just me but I think they're kind of letting their hardcore fans down. They should all follow Iron Maiden or AC/DC and stick to what they do best.

Anywayz, speaking of bands changing their sound I think it will be interesting to hear the sound that Guns N' Roses have on their new album Chinese Democracy if the album ever comes out. Personally i think that the band should just stick to the hard driven rock / metal that they are famous for and get Slash back in the band. Axl Rose is a dumb shit who doesnt know what the fuck hes doing.

Anyway I really hope def leppard come again soon. My dad saw them at Nararra in 1984 and said it was one of the best shows hes ever been to

Cheers, Smokey

not a guns n' roses fan trixxi, or just think the album will be shit? I've heard Oh My God from the end of days soundtrack, it wasnt a bad track but at the same time it wasnt guns n roses. It'll be interesting either way. Anyone know of any other 80s / Glam acts coming to australia this year?

Oh My God was recorded to sound like what was popular at the time - as was the whole original Chinese Democracy album. When the 'industrial faze' died in the arse, the album was rerecorded to reflect the current trend of the time. (which was Creed).

Now Metallica have released St Anger, and garage recordings are in vogue again, GnR's will have to record Chinese Democracy again.. and again.. and again.. and again..

Sydo said:
You say that like it's a good thing..? :erk:

Well maybe i'm just old fashioned by i like iron maiden's original sound. They still have great riffs, operatic vocals and fantastic solos. They are not changing for anyone and are playing what they think they should and most Maiden fans love it. They've never changed a great deal, not during thrash and grunge and have always attracted great sales and huge crowds (well maybe with the exception of the mid 90s). I dont any reason why the should change now when they have such a loyal fanbase. It would be really funny to see iron maiden as a rap metal band but i doubt anyone would take it seriously.

I'm with Smokey. As far as I'm concerned, progression is good and change is bad. There is a huge difference.

To me, progression is when you progress in the same natural way your band's sound has always progressed without being poisoned by outside trends that have nothing to do with your music. Change is when you take a different path.

Remember in Back To The Future II when Doc talks about how the alternate 1985 had been created on a different line? Use this as an example ok:

If you look at what happened in the mid '90s.... you had bands like Winger (with "Pull"), Arcade (Stephen Pearcy's new band), Vince Neil (with "Expoesd"), etc who progressed the '80s hard rock sound into the '90s in the same way the sound had been progressing for 10 years. That is how it should be. It's updated and fresh, but to use that Back To The Future framework, the evolution has happened on the same line the music had always been progressing. The "hard rock" line we can call it.

Then you had bands like Warrant with Ultraphobic, Motley Crue with S/T and Generation Swine, etc who didn't progress, they changed. They jumped down to the other line for the alternate world which had been created, which in this case was the alternative/grunge scene which had emerged as a completely different and unrelated music scene to hard rock. This is what's bad. Grunge has nothing at all to do with hard rock, and either does alternative rock. So don't start mixing things up with that world. That seems like a pretty stupid way to try to "progress" if you ask me. In fact it's not progression at all, it's just a big leap into something totally different.

About Chinese Democracy to answer your question, I am a Guns N Roses fan but just not interested in the new one because I have no hopes for it to be worthwhile at all...

Well considering i'm not the only one here who thinks maiden is boring as shit now, i think they may need to try something new.

They should play grind.

Trixxi Trash said:
progression is good and change is bad.
I agree too, but I don't think rerecording Hallowed Be Thy Name with a chorus 8 times for an album can be considered a progression.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah I wasn't really talking about Maiden. The third option alongside progressing or changing is just staying exactly the same I spose haha. Worked well for AC/DC!