Alice & Def Leppard rumours

Alice will tour. He always tours.

And yeah Wrathy the new album sounds more along the lines of Muscle Of Love & Love It To Death style...

I don't think Def Leppard toured Australia for the Hysteria tour. Definitely for the Adrenalize tour cos I was there, but not sure about Hysteria...

I stand corrected. They didn't come in 1988. They only made it as far as Japan on the Hysteria tour...

They came in 1984 and 1993 but not 1988. Sorry 'bout that!

Not a problem. :) I shan't gloat and laugh at you this time. :)

Went to JB to buy Paul Stanley's solo album, or Asylum, and neither were there. Typical - there every day except the day I want to buy them. Darn.

I also saw Leppard here in Oz at the Narara Festival..great show in the wet...rain and more rain! Pyromania tour. One of the best gigs Ive been to. Thems was the days!

No need to recommend that one to Spiff. It's one of his fave albums of all time, he lurves it :) As do I, fantastic album.

7 Paul Stanley songs on it... :headbang:

Asylum and Paul Stanley solo should get you going then Spiff. Crown of Thorns would be another band to check out if you haven't already. Not quite Kiss but great none the less in a similar style.

I'm quite a fan of Brutal Planet. Lots of good, heavy songs on it. The Brutal Planet tour = :headbang: Who else saw him on that tour?

I'd like to see Deaf Leopard, but given that I don't actually listen to them (doesn't mean I wouldn't if I had an album) I doubt I'd be willing to pay $80 or more, which is what every show seems to cost these days. :(

Get some albums :)

Hysteria, Pyromania, High N Dry and Adrenalize are all awesome :headbang: Though Adrenalize might be a bit "pop" for alot of people's tastes but nonetheless is chockers with awesome high quality melodic hard rock songs - very slick! It's actually the heavier more rockin' songs that are lacking something, the more melodic & ballady sounding songs are the real killers on it, totally awesome!

Hysteria & Pyromania though are just essential '80s "pop metal" albums for anybody who is a fan of hard rock music. They are like Slippery When Wet & Appetite For Destruction - albums you just GOTTA have!

And High N Dry - killer raw heavy early '80s British hard rock. No frills or "pop metal" on that one, its a NWOBHM album but more party hearty alcohol fuelled hard rock than bands like Priest & Maiden obviously were. AWESOME.

Sounds like I'll have to pick one up. :) Do they go cheaply these days? Which one has that "Pour Some Sugar on my Rocket" song? Hysteria?

Yeah they are EXTREMELY common to find in 2nd hand shops real cheap and usually $18-$25 at JB depending on the album and when you happen to be there.

Hysteria has "Rocket" & "Pour Some Sugar On Me" :) As well as their best song ever "Animal". And "Hysteria", "Women", "Armageddon It", "Love Bites", "Gods Of War", etc. Lots of classics.

Pyromania has Rock Rock Till You Drop, Photograph, Too Late For Love, Stagefright, Rock Of Ages, Foolin' etc as well as the very underrated Comin' Under Fire!