All Dark tranquillity cd opinions questions

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
Out of 10, how would you rate each Dark tranquillity cd and why? I know everyone is a fan here and everyone has their opinions. I understand this has probably been done to death but I am writing something and I value everyone's opinions.

skydancer - 10
the gallery - 7.5
the mind's i - 8.5
projector - 9.5
haven - 7.5
damage done - 8
character - 8.5

i'm not sure about the whys anymore. sure, there's plenty of solid reasons why i think skydancer is the best album ever made, but i feel the days when they were relevant are gone. the way dt's music strikes the chords of my emotions and memories is just that strong.

I would rate all of DT's releases 9. Each have their own highs and lows, be it production or song writting. I dont think they have made their "perfect" album yet, althogh Damage Done came close, but it got a little repetitive after a while.

Sorry for not realy answering the question properly, but thats what i feel about the albums.

Daniel\m/

Skydancer -7
The Gallery - 9.5
The Mind's I - 8
Projector - 6
Haven - 9
Damage Done - 8.5
Character - 9.5

the reasons are... hmmm my taste? so my reason is that i think that character = the gallery > Haven > Damage Done > The Mind's I > Skydancer > Projector. just my opinion.

Skydancer: 6.5 (I want to like it but I just can't)
The Gallery: 10 (a masterpiece, every song = killer)
The Mind's I: 10 (same as above)
Projector: 7.5 (I like the songs and all but it just lacks something...)
Haven: 9 (almost perfect, some parts are a bit plain)
Damage Done: 9 (same as above)
Character: 10 (a masterpiece)

Skydancer: 6 or 6,5
--> a debut...

The Gallery: 8
--> great

The Mind's I: 9
--> great, even more

Projector: 9
--> at first I had complications, but now I love it

Haven: 9
--> at first I thought it was the best album ever, then Damage Done was released...

Damage Done: 10
--> within a few weeks, THIS was the best album ever (see Haven)

Character: not sure yet...
--> could be better than Damage Done, I'm not sure yet... still waiting for the test of time

My first album was The Mind's I, although Projektor was already released. I totally loved it these days, but never thought that DT could be the band of my choice some day. It was a time in which I collected (or tried to) all Iron Maiden items (CD's and LP's).

Skydancer - 8.5 (this one is highly under rated>it needs time people)
---
The Gallery - 10 slays from start to finnish :headbang:
The mind's i - 10 slays from start to finnish :headbang:
---
Projector - 7.5
Haven - 7.5
Damage done - 8
Character - 9

Skydancer = 8.5 (It would be higher but I heard the early At The Gates stuff first and it's all similarly bad production and chaotic song writing, but what the hell, it's revolutionary I guess.)

The Gallery = 10 (I rarely give things 10, but this is my favourite album; best outro tracks ever!)

Minds I = 7 (Just a mediocre/good thrashy melodeath album... sounds like DT wanted to do something else but weren't given the freedom)

Projector = 7 (Great melodic album... but all the tracks sort of blur together later in the album. Contains a couple of DT's most awesome songs though.)

Haven = 9.5 (Well it was the first Album I heard by these guys and it's the only one I can still go back to with out being in the slightest bit bored. I also think the songs are all really individualistic, which isn't often the deal with dt albums)

Damage Done = 9 (Its as good as everyone says it is and more. Truly beautiful melodies, with a hint of things to come within metal (exploring new territory). Its definately an album that's ahead of its time.)

Character = 9 (Definately the most complex tracks. Really does show DT to be a few steps ahead of the other Swedish giants. With time this album will get better and better for me.)

skydancer - 7
:: I got to it years after I got into DT and that didn't impress me much (I couldn't lay my hands on copy of that, though I was always eager to)

the gallery - 11
:: it's going to play at my funeral (it's sad, but my will already says it). The best album ever recorded. Period.

the mind's i - 8
:: didn't dig it for a while, but it was alright enough

projector - 9
:: a leap into new direction. I liked it and still like it alot. Though, sounds like a great listening to album and songs played live are still fine, but...

haven - 10
:: I split it into two parts (I first had it on MC :D) - first is aggresive and harsh (ends with The Same) and the rest is kinda slows down. Has a marvellous bonus track (Cornered) and a great cover ;)

damage done - 9
:: strong and powerful, forever associated with american highways, skyscrapers, long distance running, travelling and being lost, and - DT's North American trace in 2002 :loco:

character - 10
:: the best release (music and production-wise) of 2005 so far.

MCDs and EPs get an average of 8 - having great songs - that was TOO LITTLE of Tranquillity :)

DVD
:: setlist is grand, but fucking lightning spoiled everything - I can't watch it, cuz my eyes hurt :( But I enjoy listening to it :)

Exposures
:: 7 and 9.

Skydancer: 9
first I didnt liked it because of the production but with songs like shadow duet or through ebony archways its a great nostalgic album of the 90´s

The Gallery:9
a classic album, but the production is not sooo good

The Mind's I:10
my first DT, the best melodic deathmetalalbum of all 90`s besides slaughter of the soul and the jester race
but the master volume...:yell:

Projector: 9,5
my favorite DT but with the weakest DT song IMO-undocontrol
but with 2 of the best ones ever:to a bitter halt and on your time :worship:

Haven: 9
great music but after that it came even better

Damage Done: 9,5
normaly 10 but with character its just 9,5

Character:
the best melodic deathmetalalbum for the years 2000 on

Skydancer: 8,5 - Underated, by the fans and by the band
The Gallery: 10 - too kick ass for words
The Mind's I: 10 - same as TG
Projector: 9 - changing is not good, is GREAT!
Haven: 8 - the weakest, some total filler tracks, as Fabric
Damage Done: 9 - it's like a "compilation", all DT previous albuns sounding are mixed here
Character: 9 - The Mind's I + Haven

Exposures: 8,0

my faves would probably be The Gallery (for the fantastic titletrack that I just get addicted to) and Projector (as it was the first DT album I got and will always remind me good times)... but I also love Character and Haven (for that one has Emptier Still on it and its one of the most touching songs ever *gettingemotional*).

Skydancer - 7 / 10
The Gallery - 8 / 10
The Mind's I - 7.5 / 10
Projector - 9.5 / 10
Haven - 8.5 / 10
Damage Done - 10 / 10
Character 9.5 / 10

skydancer: 9 for the songs, 9 for the innovation, 6 for the sound -> 7.5

of chaos and eternal night: 9: how can anyone not love the title track's main riff?

the gallery: 10; after almost ten years I still play it on a regular basis...

enter suicidal angels: 7.5; a really good taster.

the mind's i: 8; a great album with some of the best DT tracks ever, but a little disappointing when it came out.

projector: 7; i'm not really fond of Mikeal's clean vocals

haven: 7.5; good atmosphere and the title track is magnificent.

damage done: 7; their weakest opus in my book.

character: 8; a great return to form.

Skydancer, haven't heard it..

The Gallery 10/10, a masterpiece, all melodies and riffs are beyond words.. :D

The Mind's I 9/10, a nice mix of the "softer" stuff & the trashy stuff..

Projector 10/10, a masterpiece, awesome vocals by Mikael and the melodies just blow me away everytime I listen to it, awesome song structures..

Haven 9/10, very good album with a great athmosphere..

Damage Done 8/10, good songs but a bit boring as a whole..

Character 10/10, a masterpiece, aggressive but still very melodic, great vocals by Mikael and great riffs by Sundin/Henriksson, also the drumming is very good and I like the new way Martin uses keyboards on this album..

YO!

Skydancer - 9.5/10
Of Chaos and Eternal Night - 7.5/10 (title track 11/10 PLAY THIS LIVE SOME FUCKING DAY. Only notify me first please)
The Gallery - 8.5/10
Enter Suicidal Angels - 7/10
The Mind's I - 9.5/10
Projector - 10/10
Haven - 6/10
Damage Done - 7/10
Lost to Apathy - 6/10 (for the pretty useless B sides)
Character - 7.5/10 maybe even 8

Skydancer - 10

The Gallery - 8.5

Projector - 10

Haven - 9

Damage Done - 8.5

Character - 9

DVD- 6
very very disappointing. the audience looked totally bored and like they were paid to be there. either that, or the bootlegs in which i could barely see the band because of the stupid assholes that kept jumping all the time

.. this is more difficult than i thought it would be. i dont like to grade things. numbers just don't say enough. and they're too precise.

Hitori said:
Skydancer - 10

The Gallery - 8.5

Projector - 10

Haven - 9

Damage Done - 8.5

Character - 9

DVD- 6
very very disappointing. the audience looked totally bored and like they were paid to be there. either that, or the bootlegs in which i could barely see the band because of the stupid assholes that kept jumping all the time

.. this is more difficult than i thought it would be. i dont like to grade things. numbers just don't say enough. and they're too precise.

hey what happend to The Mind's I?

------------------------------------------------------------
Minds I = 7 (Just a mediocre/good thrashy melodeath album... sounds like DT wanted to do something else but weren't given the freedom)
:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: o_O :ill: :OMG: :loco: