All hail Entombed

Well, based on their first three albums, they are great. They were also my first death metal concert in Seattle back on the Wolverine Blues tour. I like them based on their early work but must admit, I have lost touch with them over the years...Anything really good out of their last few albums?

Their last five albums (To Ride... , Same Difference, Uprising, Morning Star, and Inferno) have been sort of a departure from their classic sound with more of stoner/groove vibe to it. hey were always heading into that 'death n roll' direction, anyway. Good stuff nonetheless, just different.

I first heard Eyemaster off Wolverine Blues about a year ago, and Hollowman earlier this year. I want that album, it's good stuff.

Left Hand Path and Clandestine ain't bad either.

Wish they'd do a Gothenburg-styled harmony once in a while, because it would really fit with thier music style.

I just listened to Inferno last week, i was really disappointed as well, cuz Morning Star was great- Inferno is sort of like a watered down, almost non produced( which is usually great with ENtombed) version of Morning Star- even Petrov doesnt seem as angry as Morning Star.

im a massive entombed fan, have been for nearly 10 years.

inferno, i feel is their best album since 'to ride,...' which was one of their definitive ones since clandestine and left hand path. entombed change direction continually, they're a fantastically experimental band when you look at their back catalogue and what they've done, they've hit so many genres and produced some really strong albums, admittedly some weak ones too.

my review of inferno can be found on www.urkraft.tk

(i warn you, i like the album a lot hahahaha)

I like Entombed. Oddly enough, I like their more recent material (Uprising, Morning Star, and Inferno) more than the early material.

I bloody love that band to death. I love both their ealier traditional death metal work and the later death n roll work. And I can't praise their Morning Star album enough. They do sound like Slayer on that album.