All I've Got To Say Is...

hey, i'm 16 and i live in houston and everybody in my school listens to either rap or whatever nu-metal crap that is popular. i'm also in a band that practices 3 times a week that is prog and not crappy untalented death metal who can't even grasp the concept of writing music. and thier reason for not liking prog, power or even black metal is because it has a melody? most people in my school who listen to metal can't even here the difference between kirk hammet and stephan forte. all the other like rap and that's enough said right there. obviously i am not normal at all because i'm not like any of these people. :headbang:

"LONG LIVE ROCK N' ROLL"-Rainbow,1978

I am 34 and still listen to metal religiously!!!! I have a big house with a yard that I can never seem to stop cutting. I am married to HEAVENLYCALL's cousin, which by the way is the spitting image of Shania Twain!( LUCKY ME!!) She also attends some of the metal shows here in Georgia with me. I have never missed a Prog Power show, nor will I ever!!! I have 2 crazy dogs and I also do the daily work grind every day. And I am headed to BRAVE WORDS festival in a couple of days, which again I will never miss!! My cd collection consists of nothing but metal, ONLY METAL!!! Last check about 1200 total!!! I have Slayer and Testament stickers on the back of my truck, and crack it as loud as I can every day. And you would never even know it just by looking at me!!! Metal is in my blood and it will be with me even when I am 96 rolling around in a wheelchair flipping people off!!!!!!

Also, big props to dargormudshark!!! It takes nuts nowadays to be your age and listen to this music!! Especially when your friends are next to you saying "FORSHIZZLE MY NIZZLE :loco: !!!

STAY METAL MY BROTHERS :headbang: !!!!

Right on, Soul (Forever Black) Brother!

I hope that when I am your age, I'll be just like you (hehe).

Seriously...33 here...with about 1,100 in the collection...just a domesticated working man living in a cultural void in South Texas...but at least there's a beach around the corner...

It's nice to know I've got a kindred spirit out there...after all...old rockers never die...they just have to cut their hair and get real jobs...

Rock on, brothers!

Soul Forever Black/Ashaman ....you and me are very similiar. I am 33 and have a yard that I always seem to cut and work many hours a week and most people dont know by looking at me that I to almost always listen to metal. When I dont .....it is something like nursery music due to thats what my 3 year old likes. But, even my 3 year old gets into some metal with good harmonies as she tries to sing along. My cd collection is in the area of 1000. I to have not missed a PropPower show since I heard of it and enjoy my Gold Badge. I do live in Daytona beach which is only a jumps away from Orlando where a lot of good metal shows come to. As far as my career, I wouldnt change it except maybe a few more dollars in my paycheck.

And to Dargomudshark......You are an individual and more props to you for recognising your friends listen to music that doesnt have the true quality of Powermetal and related forms.

Keep the faith

ashaman7122 said:
old rockers never die...they just have to cut their hair and get real jobs...
Afraid I have to disagree with you there, Ashaman; 35 here (only about 700 discs in the collection), I've got hair to my ass, and I work as a Financial Analyst.

I, too, am just a domesticated working man...

...who doesn't happen to look like anyone who's either domesticated OR working!

carnut said:
Bryant, you should know the places were I hang out on the net :loco:
As much as I would like to visit Progpower, I think it's very hard to me.
I have a little family to run here (2 kids) and so it's not so obvious just to take a trip to the USA for a concert. But the idea of getting together with some guys of the oldschool forum keeps zipping my mind...who knows, maybe will talk with guys like Hawk and Fang to get us all together sometime somewhere to fly over drink some US beers !!
Ha ha ha that is quite ok Carnut. Unfortunately, for me to just fly over to Belgium is also not an option for me. One day though we will all meet. It will be great. If nothing else, in a few years everyone will have video phones.

Bryant

Walter_Langkowski said:
Jesus... :yow: :yow: Hope they like to rock, man. Oh, and like I said, I haven't encountered too many oddballs here, it's the other forums you can get around at (general music disc, etc.).

Peace,

Wally.
As opposed to oddballs in the gen mus, it seems to be closed-mindedness from my experience. Though I am admittedly opinionated, I'm a relatively easy person to get along with, but many people at the gen mus forum are out there simply trying to push other people's buttons and I have much better things tyo do than argue with someone on a message board, so I simply stay away.

Bryant

Hey James... I got hair down to the middle of my back, and I'm an engineer. So it's perfectly reasonable to get a 'real' job, and still RAWK.

But I gotta chop lots of it off, cuz it's a little dangerous when I go out to my shop and have to crawl around equipment and power tools and the machine shop and welding stuff. I'm gonna shorten it by donating the ponytail to Locks Of Love, and then it'll be a little more managable. Less dangerous too. Don't get me wrong, I ain't gettin rid of it all, but it needs to be less likely to get caught in a lathe or grinder or something nice and violent. Heh heh.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Nice replies, peeps!! :Spin: :Spin: What I should have added is that by the things that I've seen covered here on the pp forum, that you guys seem pretty ok, it's just the horrors I've seen lie elsewhere :ill: :eek: I guess it's because there seems to be a lot more of people closer to my age ( adult male over 30) on this one and that maybe I have a low tolerance for kids under 16 (with the exception of LOCALX. YOU MAH DOG, KID!!)

WELL IM 23, AND IM ALL FOR THE PUSH OF THE NEW WAVE HEAVY METAL. I LISTEN TO THE OLD SHIT, BUT IM YOUNG AND I DO GET INTO THE HARDCORE, DEATH, METAL BANDS SUCH AS KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SHADOWS FALL, INTO ETERNITY, LAMB OF GOD. SO YOU IF YOU DONT GET INTO THAT SHIT THEN DONT GO ONTO OTHER FORUMS,BECAUSE THEY PROBABLY EAT YOU UP THE SAME WAY I DO. HA HA. YES I AM CRAZY, IF IT WASNT FOR AGGRESSIVE METAL, SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT I CANT STAND PROBABLY WOULDNT BE HERE.....THEN AGAIN I DO THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE. WAKE UP, GO TO WORK, COME HOME, HAVE A BEER, GO TO BED. IF YOU HAVE A MORTGAGE ILL TAKE YOUR MONEY HA HA LOAN OFFICER BY MORN., STILLBORN RECORDS AFTERNOON.

YOUR TIME IS UP.......ITS MY TIME......... :yow:

LOCALX said:
YES I AM CRAZY, IF IT WASNT FOR AGGRESSIVE METAL, SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT I CANT STAND PROBABLY WOULDNT BE HERE...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Talk about old.......my girlfriend's son is graduating high school tomorrow - I feel like and old fogey when I try to explain to him the significance and impact of Iron Maiden. Oh to be 18 again........

actordude said:
Talk about old.......my friend's son is graduating high school tomorrow - I feel like and old fogey when I try to explain to him the significance and impact of Iron Maiden. Oh to be 18 again........

He is graduating and he doesn't know the significance of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal. He can't go into the world like that, how do they expect for these kids to funtion when they don't know there Iron Maiden. I think there should be a manditory class on music history(good music). Everything from classical to Prog-metal, and power metal. Hey, even throw some thrash and a little black metal too. Have some good jazz and fusion stuff also. If we had that the world would be a much better place. Also, I wouldn't have to do all the Inside Out and Nuclear Blast Record Promotion for my high school. Hey, but at least I know i'm doing a good job. I've gotten evergrey, symphony x, adagio, and Dream theater. Not to mention any other power metal bands like Helloween, Stratovarius and Yngwie. It's good to know I have made a difference and these kids aren't just listening to ac/dc and Blink 182