All metal recording GODS help us out!

CRIMSON RECORDS

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2008
My bandmates and I are starting a recording studio and I'm pretty new to the audio engineering world. We're really serious about it so if you guys don't mind helping me out that would be awesome. What gear do you guys recommend for a studio in general? We're looking mainly for metal recording gear. I've been looking around and i've seen a whole lot of recording equipment but i honestly dont know whats best for us. We have a $50,000 dollar budget so money isn't really an option. I don't even know where to start so help me out.

2 sets of monitors near feild and far feilds a switch box to switch in between the 2. Like using 4 or 5 inch drives for near feild and 8-12 inch for far feilds. Sub. A decent board. Soundcraft can do it for a small budget. A decent soundcard and a computer dedicated "MAC". Using 2 rack mount soundcards would be ideal. I use a Tascam fw-1804. A patch bay Balanced or unbalanced, 2 Compressors/gates (DBX, Alesis), An Efx Module or 2, graphic Eq is important for tuning your room. Software like Pro tools, Cubase Or Logic would be pretty ideal. Maybe a seperate CD Burner. See if you can Possible get a Used Radar System that would sum a lot of the things into just a straight digital 24 track recorder.

http://www.izcorp.com/

good mics. drum mics are a thing of coarse. A really good Condenser for vox and Guitars. But make sure you get the appropriate mics for the appropriate jobs with the appropriate polarities..

That could sum it all up.

Wanna get it all with budget.

EBAY

I have seen some serious 16-24 channels boards on there for a decent price...

Cheers

Looks up some of these brands

MOTU
Alesis
DBX
Soundcraft
Mackie
Apex
Shure
EV
Hosa
Tascam (teac)
E-Mu
Furman

I am sure these could prob some up the things you need

I don;t know any real patch bay companies but i am sure patchbays are pretty easy to afford..

Yup, but don't worry about it. Just tell me why and how so much money?
Well I've always been interested in it and i just got a lot of inheritance money from a dead uncle. i would love to say my band makes that much, but then i would just be lying. haha. I'll go check out the andy sneap forums, thanks for all the help guys.

Well I've always been interested in it and i just got a lot of inheritance money from a dead uncle. i would love to say my band makes that much, but then i would just be lying. haha. I'll go check out the andy sneap forums, thanks for all the help guys.

Save your money, after you guys write an albums worth of material goto a real studio with a real engineer---it will save you a ton of money and headaches