All things come to an end . . .

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Just thought I'd let you guys know I'm going to be moving back to Kansas. I will be taking over the family farm. Since this is a public forum, I won't be going into great detail about the whole thing, but here's a list of some pros and cons of the situation.

PROS:
1) I will be self employed.
2) I will actually enjoy my job/life.
3) My wife will be self employed (not as a farmer, though).
4) I will be around more people my age.
5) I will be near family.
6) WAY fewer people/cars.
7) Grim winters.
8) Venomous rattlers.
9) Miles and miles of open space aournd me . . . so I can crank my guitar/music.
10) Did I mention I will actually enjoy my job/life?

CONS:
1) No ocean.
2) Shopping and crap like that won't be as close.
3) Wind.
4) Wicked ass storms.
5) Good bye to the bikinis!
6) Blah!
7) Blah!
8) Blah!
9) Blah!
10) Blah!

This is something that's been in the works for a while. We will be moving the last weekend in August.

Don't worry . . . I'll still be around these parts.:loco:

Damn dude, I was hoping to meet up at a show with you one of these days too.
I will actually enjoy my job/life.
If this isn't the most important thing in the world, then I don't know what is. You can always go online to see bikinis!

Hey at least you lived in CA for a while. I need to live somewhere near palm trees if only for a year.

Good luck with all this. When do you go back, and what's the going rate for a farm goat these days?

Goats are fucking evil. I'll be on the lookout for a cheap one.

We will move the last weekend in August.

NAD: I hope to get to a big metal show with a bunch of people from this forum some day. One of those 2 day things.

Proof that goats are evil:

JSC%20970505%20Goat%20Eye%201.jpg

Their eyes are SO WEIRD. o_O

I'm really not a "people person", so I will love to wake up and be able to walk outside and take a piss if I feel like it. I'm probably more of a misanthrope than any of those black metal dudes. Plus, I'm agoraphobic.

If/when I move away from California I'm going to miss the convenience of concerts, easy winters, and the heat. There are about a million things I won't miss though, so provided I have close access to a desert, I should be fine.

Good luck...I'd consider moving to a less populated area if I was guaranteed some degree of incentive, but in all likelihood I'd never go through with it because my mind would never forgive me for severing my deep attachment to New York...

hey good luck man. I'd love to live in the country.

the country>cities
having lots of animals around>having lots of people around

Nate The Great said:
I'm really not a "people person", so I will love to wake up and be able to walk outside and take a piss if I feel like it. I'm probably more of a misanthrope than any of those black metal dudes. Plus, I'm agoraphobic.

That's what I'm talkin about. I live in the middle of the country, 7 miles from the nearest (very small) city on twenty acres with 3 horses, 2 dogs and formerly various other animals including cats, rabbits and a hedgehog. I'm surrounded by the mountains on all sides and have a river nearby. When winter comes, its goddamn beautiful and cold and I don't ever have to encounter gay things like people and traffic. In other words, Colorado rules. :worship:

Opeth17 said:
That's what I'm talkin about. I live in the middle of the country, 7 miles from the nearest (very small) city on twenty acres with 3 horses, 2 dogs and formerly various other animals including cats, rabbits and a hedgehog. I'm surrounded by the mountains on all sides and have a river nearby. When winter comes, its goddamn beautiful and cold and I don't ever have to encounter gay things like people and traffic. In other words, Colorado rules. :worship:
Where in Colorado do you live? I will be living on the Kansas/Colorado boarder, so I'm very familiar with all parts of Colorado. Denver and Colo. Springs will be the two closest cities to me.

I wish I could be employed with something I'd want to do for a change. Good luck with your new life.