ALLEN / LANDE - THE REVENGE!!!!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Frontiers Records Italy report:

Recording sessions of the second chapter of the highly anticipated album from JORN LANDE and RUSSELL ALLEN have started during August. Once again Magnus Karlsson (LAST TRIBE, STARBREAKER) penned a set of songs which fit perfectly to the voices of the two characters.

The album will be entitled The Revenge and some songs titles include: 'Victory', 'The Revenge', 'Who Can You Trust', 'Wake Up Call', 'Gone Too Far', 'Under The Waves'.

Once again cover art will be designed specifically for the project by Rodney Matthews (DIAMOND HEAD, MAGNUM, PRAYING MANTIS, etc.).

Release date sometime in 2007. More details to follow.

Cheers for the heads up.

wchuck said:
Hmm sounds cool, I hope it's better than the first one...
It will probably be exactly the same kind of music - melodic hard rock/metal. I wouldn't expect anything progressive if I were you. The Battle was good for what it was - fun, melodic music.

This news has made my year.:OMG: (well not quite...) I'm just as excited about The Revenge as Paradise Lost! No kidding. The Battle was my album of 2005, never a dull moment IMO. :Smokin:

Thanks for the info btw.

progmetalgod said:
This news has made my year.:OMG: (well not quite...) I'm just as excited about The Revenge as Paradise Lost! No kidding. The Battle was my album of 2005, never a dull moment IMO. :Smokin:

Thanks for the info btw.

100% Agreed, The Battle was probably my favorite of 2005, or at least top 3. I would gladly wait another few months for the new SX album if it meant another Allen/Lande project to boot.

Snowmaker said:
I really like the first one. Has a sort of Hardline/Giant/Thunder feel to it.

Isn't Russell working on the SymX album though?
There was an interview a while back with Russ about his solo CD. He was asked about The Battle and he said he and Jørn recorded their parts separately which were then mailed to Magnus who did all the editing and stuff. Preparing for and recording the vocals takes some time, but from that interview it sounded as though it was not a massively time consuming task.

Has anyone heard Karlsson's other stuff? Last Tribe, Starbreaker or this new one Planet Alliance? I like some of the LT stuff, indifferent toward Starbreaker, and I haven't heard Planet Alliance.

theVikingR said:
Cheers for the heads up.

It will probably be exactly the same kind of music - melodic hard rock/metal. I wouldn't expect anything progressive if I were you. The Battle was good for what it was - fun, melodic music.

I dont expect anything progressive, it was just that I found the first album rather boring and every song sounded like the others, no variation and always the same movements/build-ups..

^ I agree.. I have the battle.. because its russ I had to own it, but its never had more than about 2 spins on my machine.. I love both singers but it was pretty disappointing.. I really hope the new one will be better.

I really liked The Battle. In fact, I'm listening to Hunter's Night right now. I was surprised at how good Lande is, too -- he and Russell sound great together.

MorphineChild205 said:
I really liked The Battle. In fact, I'm listening to Hunter's Night right now. I was surprised at how good Lande is, too -- he and Russell sound great together.

I wasn't too excited about The Battle but yes, Lande is a great singer. His work on Ark - Burn The Sun and Beyond Twilight - The Devil's Hall of Fame is amazing.
He can get kinda cheesy though...

PoisonSeed said:
He can get kinda cheesy though...

This is why I like Russell more than any other singer in the genre...he's NEVER cheesy sounding. He always has depth (even in his higher range), and never sounds like a woman (which is a trait common in most power metal vocalists).

I seriously don't think they can top THe Battle. That album was too great. What they can do is make the duets sound more like duets. Anyway I have to buy it because Magnus Karlsson is so damn great.. and he's a Swede too. Not to mention the vocals. :)