Almost $60 dollars?

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
WoW i have never paid this much for an Opeth ticket before. Sorry I don't mean to bitch, but I am cuz the first time I saw Opeth it was like $22 - even when I saw them at Sounds of the Underground that was even cheap compared to this.

In fact everytime I've seen Opeth I don't think it's been more than 25 dollars, and for 5 - 6 songs? . . . . . . I really hope I can afford to go, that's really what this is a matter about, cuz i Just moved to Seattle and cost of living and rent is WAY high here than Oklahoma, especially gas prices.

For Dream Theater?

$52 is steep. And those ticketmaster fees are beyond ridiculous.

Money well spent IMO considering their recent setlist though.

well ticketmaster slaps a 2.00 charge or something

but its like a venue charge of 9.75 or something like that

and if you want the tixs mailed to you other than standard mail then you're surely gonna pay 60 plus

edit: to IamReptar - Trigun kicks ass XD

It'll be under 30 again when they do their headlining tour, so keep that in mind if you decide to wait for fall. You are paying Dream Theater's prices, and Dream Theater gets most of the money out of it. Hell, even t-shirts are more expensive when a band opens for a band like Dream Theater, because the big bands don't let the supporting acts sell t-shirts for less than the $35 they generally charge. I wouldn't blame the bands themselves, their management sets the prices because it's good business even if the fans feel a little ripped off for paying double or sometimes even triple what it actually costs to produce.

A sidenote about the dollar: Living in Detroit, we are a border city to Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Five years ago the US Dollar was at $1.65 Canadian in value. Now that the Canadian Dollar is about $1.10 to the US dollar, and people that were going to Windsor to shop, eat, drink, dine, dance and gamble are not. They are a going through a recession just as we are. The real reason gas prices are so high is that the dollar is so weak. I hope that Opeth has a hydrogen powered bus so they can save on diesel fuel costs.

WoW i have never paid this much for an Opeth ticket before. Sorry I don't mean to bitch, but I am cuz the first time I saw Opeth it was like $22 - even when I saw them at Sounds of the Underground that was even cheap

In fact everytime I've seen Opeth I don't think it's been more than 25 dollars, and for 5 - 6 songs? . . . . . . I really hope I can afford to go, that's really what this is a matter about, cuz i Just moved to Seattle and cost of living and rent is WAY higher here than Oklahoma, especially gas prices.

When I saw Dream Theater at the Moore in Seattle several years ago, I seem to recall that tickets were $40. It was a solo show too - no opener. T-shirts were a ridiculous $50, not that I had any intention of buying one because it was bar none the worst show I have ever seen. The sound was so bad all I could hear was keyboards and vocals. And I hate their vocalist!

This show in Seattle is the same date as PaganFest (Ensiferum/Turisas/others), and I am definitely not paying DT prices when I have other options. :Smug:

I've seen Opeth twice before, and I'm going to Wacken this year so I don't feel too bad missing out on them this time.

I was really looking forward to seeing Opeth, but I just can't justify spending $110 USD for 2 tickets for seats that are 10 rows back in the BALCONY and are side stage! Not to mention the fact that I don't even plan on staying for DT.

Being that I'll be 6 months pregnant at the time of the show, a seated venue sounded great, but now I'm just hoping the Opeth headline US tour comes sometime after September!

Well since Mendez sold out he always brings with him his "crew" of 15 guys(like 50-Cent) on to the stage so of course it will get more expensive.

Just make the drive to Portland instead for Opeth's headlining gig. Tickets were $55.50 for 2 and you get an extended set by the band. So worth it...

thats ticketmaster/WAMU theatre for ya.

how much was rent in Oklahoma?

While at college at OSU in stillwater, oklahoma. I paid $600 for a 3-bedroom house/ with one bath, two seperate toilets, a garage, backyard, nice sized living room and kitchen.

Back at my home town in Oklahoma rent is even cheaper. You can rent a decent sized trailer house for less than 400.

I pay a little over $1000 here in Renton, WA, and that's for a two-bedroom,two bath apt.

All the prices I mentioned are total. So of course I had roomates. and i live with my bro and his gf here . . . so divide any of those by 3 and that's what I pay . . . .and I'm still jobless :Smug:

Just make the drive to Portland instead for Opeth's headlining gig. Tickets were $55.50 for 2 and you get an extended set by the band. So worth it...

Well I totally want to do that, but my bro isn't near as big of an Opeth fan as me. and i don't want to go by myself. I've seen Opeth four times so it won't kill me to miss a gig. I might go to the seattle gig with DT if i have the money. Going to Portland also doesn't allow me to get drunk