Favorite Album

DigestingGandhi

Spark another owl
I'm sure this topic has been brought about before, but I'm new here and I would like to know what other Opeth fans hold as their Favorite Opeth album.

I would have to say My Arms your Hearse is my favorite. I consider it to be Opeths heaviest album, but that alone dosen't make it my favorite. The feeling of the album is just amazing. To me, the melodies on this album are perfect... balancing light and dark brilliantly. I don't know what else to say about it, except that everytime I listen to the album I am extreamly moved, more so than any other Opeth album.

i love morningrise too...the way the emotions just pulsate through the album just make it so freaking awesome! it is just so dark and bleak it is sweet!

Still Life fukn reeeams all.
the story rules and THE MOOR R0XKCXSSZ
yup
i love so many of the riffs on morningrise and orchid, but altogether i find the song structures to be fairly cut-n-paste.
i love the flow of My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life, he should do more concept albums...

the vocals get better and better with each release (esp. the death vox - my fav death vocalist since My Arms.. and on blackwater park... omg...*blows his load* so gutteral, yet not just burps and vomitting like chris barnes and his "brutal" counterparts =\)

so yup. i like each for different reasons, as with most opeth listeners

orchid - for the awesome riffs and anders nordin's dynamic drumming approach

morningrise - for more wicked riffing in the same vain, and improved clean vox, the bassist shines, and the songs have an indescribable magic - Advent... black rose immortal... to bid you farewell...

my arms your hearse - shorter, to the point songs, easy for me to introduce others to opeth with this album. the drumming isn't my fav kinda style, lopez was far more suited to amon amarth. im in love with the improvement mikael made with his vocals, in both areas, although moreso in the harsher parts.

still life - because face of melinda rules and the moor has the best riffs they've written yet =\

blackwater park - mikael's death vox.

In order from favorite to least:

Still Life
Blackwater Park
Morningrise
My Arms, Your Hearse

I don't have Orchid. Do something about it. :)

Start with MAYH (the best) or Orchid (the first).
My favorites in order-
MAYH
Orchid
Blackwater Park
Morningrise
Still Life
Coincidently enough, this is also the list from most metal (hardest) to least metal (softest), roughly.

#1-Morningrise- Great metal riffs, beutiful acoustics, emotional and solid vocals.
#2-Still Life- Excelent concept album, great flow and best vocals of the lot.
#3-My Arms Your Hearse- Again, great concept album, and lots of agression
#4-Blackwater Park-Good throughout but little new is tried by the band, and the lyrics are rather weak
#5-Orchid-Great acoustics throughout but only average metal parts.