Almost time....

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
....for the premiere of the new album cover art and the first preview track for you all to hear. I'm curious to see and hear everyone's feedback. By the time most of you read this thread, the countdown will probably be over.

One thing I want to say here and now, before the comments and feedback starts rolling in.....

I'm hopeful that people will enjoy what they hear, but of course I'm realistic enough to know that not everyone is going to appreciate it in the same way. All I can say is, regardless of whether your opinion is pro or con regarding the track, just remember that it's only one song, and anyone who knows us should know that there's alot of diversity to be found on our discs and that no one track is really a representitive for what the entire album will sound like. I've always been leery about preview tracks and stuff for just that reason, knowing that many people will be inclined to draw their final conclusions from it without waiting to give the full album a chance to be heard with an open mind.

Anyhow, that being said, I await your comments and feedback! I'm quite proud of this song and the album as a whole, so whatever the reaction is, I stand by our work all the same :kickass:

Happy Halloween everyone!

http://www.novembersdoom.com/novella.html

ITS THERE ITS THERE ITS THERE

The cover is pure awesomness

February 20th release date...... hooplah....

Listening to the song now.. so damn heavy.... ohhhhh... nice chorus... 20 times heavier than anything on pale haunt..... reminds me of Amon Amarth.... oh... guitar harmony.... oh my god.. fucking sweet.... solo... widdly widdly.... I love this song.... also a touch of In flames style in part of it... wooooo ... Novembers Doom's finest hour? perhaps... fucking awesome guys... woooooooo ND! \m/

Jasonic said:
WTF? For me it still says 19 minutes.....
(Still on track for 9AM CTS)

Thats the beauty of living in Ireland.... woooooo I wonder if I'm the first person to hear it?

OK, now the countdown clock is over, and it just says "It's finally here" at the bottom of the page......
(It must auto-filter against power metal fans... :lol:)

That happened for me aswell earlier... bout 2 hours before it actually became available

if you want I'll post the direct link to the song.. allthough I'm not sure if the guys would mind or not....

http://www.theendrecords.com/label/download/drowntheinlandmere.mp3

cover.jpg

So it's finally here!!

The cover art: Freakin' neat. That's pure Travis Smith, no doubt about it. I still think I have a slight preference for The Pale Haunt Departure cover but, my God, this one is a fantastic cover!

The Song: HOLY HELL?!? It's heavy, fast and brutal...much more so than previous Novembers Doom material. Paul's vocals never sounded better, both on the clean and growls...those death vocals, just, wow! I'm a big fan of the slow, melancholic, doomy side of Novembers Doom, but taken in a different perspective, I must say that this track is quite an accomplishment! Great, great track!!

Good job guys!

My short comment (I'm at work right now): wow, this is a very powerfull song with some great chord-progressions and great growling/singing!!!!
I also like the short solo towards the end. I hope there will be more of those on the album. This makes me really look forward to the whole album. Thanks guys!!!

So is there somewhere you need to click to begin the track?
Or is it simply streaming on the page?

When I click the page, it still simply says, "It's finally here" at the bottom.

Wonder if I have a darn cookie setting or something.

Cool I'm glad to see that people are already checking out the new song and cover....

Yep, this is a faster track for us, but don't worry there are still slow, heavy, melancholic songs and parts on the album, for sure. There's just more variety in tempos overall than we've had in the past.

I was a big fan of the artwork on the last album too. But once you guys read the lyrics and see all the artwork inside the cd booklet as well, you'll be able to get a better grasp of the cover art and it's concept. Trust me.

Great track guys!!! Agree with all the previous comments.
This is indeed a faster track for ND.

One thing I think is great about ND is that you guys NEVER fail to progress into something new without losing the core of the band's sound.

We can all name tons of bands who do a complete 360° when they choose to do something new. (Which is neither good nor bad, but can result in backlash)

Can't wait to hear the rest!

MMMMMmmm

It has a little Edge of Sanity feel, like a dash of Unorthodox. I know you guys had people fashioning y'all as a doom metal band, whatever that means, but between this and Pale Haunt, I think it's safe for people to call you... DUN DUN DUN... death metal! Me likey very very much.

/doom dances

edit: solo near the end screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeams Edge of Sanity!!! Did Swano help produce this album again?