Alright, my friend just bought a Krank, here's a clip I did with it...

Andy Sneap said:
which model was it by the way, and did you like it in the end.....or is that a daft question.

It's a Krankenstein, it did sound pretty good with my VHT cab, I have to say. What did you mean by that first comment, "that one finger approach is working well for you Mark!" ?

Personally, I don't really like the Krank tone on its own, but it really doesn't sound drastically different from the Engl "Slayer" clip you posted a little while back.

So far, I haven't been impressed by any of the Krank clips, or when I heard it live. I recently played a friend's Revolution, and wasn't all that enamored with it then either. However, it sounds quite good on the Nevermore and the AE, so maybe it just works well when mixed with other amps.

the other guitar player in my band plays a krankenstein and he seems to think the tone of my 5150 II(with adjusted bias) sounds better. it defenitely cuts butter. but the krankenstein is still an awesome head in my opinion. i want one heh

Sorry my bad something wrong with Mozilla Firefox ....

The amp sounds bassy and thick. Did you scoop the mids for this clip? The settings examples for all the Krank amps state to scoop them .

Hmm, that tone doesn't suck. I like the character of it better than the Revolution. I will have to try the Krankenstein at some point, with more than one finger. ;)

Hmmm. Something smells (and sounds) extremely fishy here. A "friend" of yours went out and spent $1,700 on a Krankenstein head after what I can only assume would have been constant previous advice from you similar to: "Dude, Kranks suck, don't buy it". Yet, he bought one anyways. Then he proceeds brings it over to your house to try and "prove you wrong" about it.

I may be wrong, and you can prove me wrong easily, but I think that clip was your ENGL and you are trying to get cute here. This clip also sounds much too dark and very much "un-Krank-like" to me. I know you use an E609 mic which IMO is not a very good mic at all, so that could be a huge factor in your recording quality. You should try moving it closer to the dust cap to get some more bite which you desparately need.

Anyways, maybe I am wrong and it really is a Krank, and you just need to work on mic placement, or replace that blasted e609 and get an i5. So, prove me wrong. I assume you have a digital camera? If you really do have a Krankenstein head there, and this clip was said head, take a quick photo of it and put a yellow sticky on there that says "Mark Palangio Rules".

Maybe I am out of line here, but something seems awfully fishy about this. I declare shenanigans.

viva_360 said:
Sorry my bad something wrong with Mozilla Firefox ....

The amp sounds bassy and thick. Did you scoop the mids for this clip? The settings examples for all the Krank amps state to scoop them .

Ah, it's cool, I see you got it to work. I had the mids on 4 for that clip.

EtherForBreakfast said:
Hmmm. Something smells (and sounds) extremely fishy here. A "friend" of yours went out and spent $1,700 on a Krankenstein head after what I can only assume would have been constant previous advice from you similar to: "Dude, Kranks suck, don't buy it". Yet, he bought one anyways. Then he proceeds brings it over to your house to try and "prove you wrong" about it.

I may be wrong, and you can prove me wrong easily, but I think that clip was your ENGL and you are trying to get cute here. This clip also sounds much too dark and very much "un-Krank-like" to me. I know you use an E609 mic which IMO is not a very good mic at all, so that could be a huge factor in your recording quality. You should try moving it closer to the dust cap to get some more bite which you desparately need.

Anyways, maybe I am wrong and it really is a Krank, and you just need to work on mic placement, or replace that blasted e609 and get an i5. So, prove me wrong. I assume you have a digital camera? If you really do have a Krankenstein head there, and this clip was said head, take a quick photo of it and put a yellow sticky on there that says "Mark Palangio Rules".

Maybe I am out of line here, but something seems awfully fishy about this. I declare shenanigans.

The amp isn't here anymore, my friend took it home with him. He's been wanting the amp forever, since almost every metal band plays them now. I like the E609 mic, I don't like a real piercing tone, I prefer a smoother tone.

Sigh...

Nevermind about the digital camera, Palangio. I guess if my ears had horns, I should toot them. I KNEW this was you trying to get cute with your ENGL.

I don't know what's worse. Making up neat stories about imaginary friends with imaginary Kranks, trying to "trick" us into thinking this clip was a Krank, or the fact that you have almost 6,000 posts at HC amp forums.

Here ya go Sneap forumites. Here are the settings he used for his borrowed Krankenstein:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=999251

EtherForBreakfast said:
Sigh...

Nevermind about the digital camera, Palangio. I guess if my ears had horns, I should toot them. I KNEW this was you trying to get cute with your ENGL.

I don't know what's worse. Making up neat stories about imaginary friends with imaginary Kranks, trying to "trick" us into thinking this clip was a Krank, or the fact that you have almost 6,000 posts at HC amp forums.

Here ya go Sneap forumites. Here are the settings he used for his borrowed Krankenstein:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=999251

Haha, way to ruin my fun! You could have played along some more, I just wanted to see what people thought of the clip, assuming they thought it was a Krank.

:tickled:

Please man, stop being stupid... So you wanted to prove everyone "wrong" when they said "OMG DIS SOUNDZZ AWSOMEEEE BECUZZ ITS KRANKK!"

You didn't get the reaction you want, attention whore... So now please piss off...

commandante said:
:tickled:

Please man, stop being stupid... So you wanted to prove everyone "wrong" when they said "OMG DIS SOUNDZZ AWSOMEEEE BECUZZ ITS KRANKK!"

You didn't get the reaction you want, attention whore... So now please piss off...

I just thought it would be interesting. Take it easy. All in good fun.