Just bought my first monitors, so here's my first try with them

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
Sounds decent. Few things though...the vocals are little too loud, and the bass guitar could use some compression, to make it even. The vocals don't really seem too loud..but more-so needing some more compression to make it leveled out. Some of the words jump out in volume here and there. So if you're already compressing them, try messing with the ratio to make it a little harder on the vocals. I love how the drums sound, and the guitar tone is great for this stuff. Nicely done.

~006

Really useful info, 006, thanks! I have soooooo much to learn about everything and about compression to start with :) Do you think harder compression on the vocals would do the trick (well...I guess I should try instead of asking questions) or should I try to level them out manually ..uhm..maybe both? Any preferred plug-ins for the compression of the bass guitar, or/and some setting for a reference point?

cobhc said:
drums still sound a little dry to me and cymbals seem a bit washed out at times.
Washed out because of too much compression or because they're very low quality in the first place? What does 'dry' mean? Should I add some reverb?
10x in advance :)

by washed out i meant not enough seperation, all the cymbal hits seem to merge into one at times, and yeah needs some verb, love the vocals though