Alright, serious discussion about Line6 and DFH

Oct 14, 2007
I have the appropriate amount of recording software:

Adobe Audition 2.0
EZDrummer/DFH
Line6 PODXT/Metal Shop Pack/With a boost from a Maxon OD808

I cannot for the life of me after using the EQ section through Gearbox, various EQ tweaking, panning, mixing get a BIG guitar sound, this is so frustrating to me that I can't get a clear, consistant sound.

I'm aiming for a Mors Principium Est type sound, and I want something that sounds full. I know there are several posts about this, and patches etc etc etc, but I'd like direct answers because I am very hungry for the knowledge to be able to record and have it sound great, it doesn't have to sound like Sneap produced it himself, but I'm tired of everything sounding thin.

Any help would be appreciated guys. Thank you!

He gets a DAW with less fail if he needs to.

Seriously, fuck Audition. It makes you look like an ass. Remember that guy who wore four popped collars? Like that, but worse.

Use Reaper.

Now.

Again...

Fuck Adobe Audition.

Jeff

It support vst plugins running on realtime .
I just realized that pods sounds better with impulses if you set the "what are connecting mode " to "power amp" instead of just disabling the cabs on the direct mode, it makes a big diference :)

He gets a DAW with less fail if he needs to.

Seriously, fuck Audition. It makes you look like an ass. Remember that guy who wore four popped collars? Like that, but worse.

Use Reaper.

Now.

Again...

Fuck Adobe Audition.

Jeff

Audition 3.0 may make me look like an ass, but I still like it and it more than gets the job done. It's just too easy to work with. :oops:

I've tried 2.0, it's a nightmare.

It support vst plugins running on realtime .
I just realized that pods sounds better with impulses if you set the "what are connecting mode " to "power amp" instead of just disabling the cabs on the direct mode, it makes a big diference :)

:Smug:
haven´tried that good you mentioned that because i always go studio direct