Alternative innocence

Patte

Nov 19, 2002
Stockholm
Visit site
So, has anyone heard the 'Alternative innocence" album yet?
Comments, review?
My order from plastichead.com failed for some reason. Very curious about it though...

My order wasn't dispatched either Patte. I don't think the album has been released. I haven't seen it in any shops, and Majestic haven't got it listed on their website. Whether it has just been delayed, or cancelled altogether, I don't know.

I think I was the one who originally pointed people at the Plastichead website, so sorry to all! I was under the impression they were a reasonably well known company, especially in the extreme metal world. They are listed as "official supplier" on the websites of some other bands for some CDs (Tygers of Pan Tang etc.).

I ordered several CDs from them, they sent me all of them apart from Alternative Innocence. They took money (on my credit card) for all the others, but not Alternative Innocence, as well. They also don't seem to bother replying to emails... Hmm.

Now I hate to pull the same trick again, but RPM Records are listing the CD. They might be more reliable since they are a Bloodstock sponsor. I'm not ordering from them until I've officially cancelled my Plastichead order, though, so I can't personally guarantee they have it. But they have sold me other stuff okay in the past.

http://www.rpm4music.com/

My order from plastichead failed because for some reason my credit was rejected...

But thanks for an alternative as I really would like to hear the album. Just put in an order to rpm4music.com, let's see if can get it this time...

Did you not get a letter cancelling your order mmurnau? I just got a short letter saying that they were no longer able to supply my item and the order has been cancelled.

Thanks for the new link. I will give it a look, but I honestly think that the CD hasn't been released yet.

No Pax I didn't get anything like that at all. You'd have thought they could have at least included a note with the albums they did send! Cheers for the info, though, at least I can be sure they won't suddenyl charge my credit card and send it.

Today's the second day of Bloodstock so I'll check tomorrow about ordering from RPM.

I ordered it almost a month ago so I checked with RPM records and got the following reply,

"I'm trying to get hold of the record label about this because I keep getting different stories....last i heard it was supposed to be released Oct/Nov...."

Mmurnau - thanks for the update and there's no need to apologise. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even know the CD exists!
I haven't ordered it though, because of a previous experience:

Earlier this year, when I wanted to update all my Maiden stuff to CD, I found a really well-priced supplier. Everything seemed pretty stand up and organised. I ordered all the CDs in one go.
Things were taking way too long and I ended up constantly emailing them. The seller would react by sending 1 or 2 CDs at a time, and email various excuses. After weeks and weeks of this, I got an email that had obviously been sent to all outstanding customers, stating that the firm had gone into liquidation! I ended up 3 CDs short of my order and powerless to do anything! The only positive thing is that I probably got more than I would have if I did not nag so much!

So, if you feel a little unsure about this seller, I would wait for the seller to contact you about the CD's release before you send Credit Card details.

Unfortunately nightwar you're right, the net is full of companies that can go bust just like that [click fingers]. At least due to nagging you only lost 3CDs which is an annoyance; to pay for, say, 15 and lose them would have been a disaster.

I never did look into ordering this from RPM actually. They were slow sending me some other stuff ... which admittedly was rare as well (Threshold's "Decadent" remixes CD) but seem generally reliable enough. I just plain forgot about it. Now I've read on another thread that its "about to be released" though, I'm guessing the release date was put back and they didn't tell anybody. So I'll wait and see if it gets released this time.