Am I late to the Sturgiscore party?

Yeah I think drop-z is roughly what they're tuned to :D

They didn't send me any DIs unfortunately so there's a limit to what can be done. Any more particular info you could share?

You did as well as you could with this mix.... the low end is absolutely out of control though, Nuno is right.

Props mixing in the screaming vocals well, pretty hard to do for this type of music.

Well I'm definitely not over with it, this is the first day of mixing :)

It would be really helpful if you could pinpoint what's bothering you about the low end. Boomy guitars? Too much sub lows on the kick? Uneven low end on the bass? I certainly don't want to make it thin and am not concerned with it being super-tight, since kids like it pretty bass heavy.

The band seem to be stoked about it so far but obviously I'll post a revised mix asap.

guitars sound like they have distortion or too much "tape saturation" on them after the fact of recording. the limiter threshold is too low.. seriously way over done. so i cant tell if theres too much compression or limiting but one of the two is destroying your mix, maybe both.

the sturgiscore party is just starting man! bands are coming to me like never before wanting to sound like asking alexandria and miss may I.

except from perhaps a bit cloudy guitar to bass relationship I'm diggin the mix! mind sharing what you're using? :)

Thanks!
I'm only mixing so I can't say much about the recording process. All I know is the guitars were a Dual Recto into a Marshall cab (and a lot of eq), drums are midi (added a blend of slate samples obviously) and apparently the bass was recorded with .110 strings which you may imagine is less than ideal for this tuning.

the guitars have some serious unnecessary rumble going on. and is there a bass in this ;-)?
id focus on giving this music become alive - id try rbass on the bass and add some upper harmonics so there is something going on in the 120hz region. good luck with that stuff!
seems ike this band didnt take the time to properly practice nor record their stuff...

Are you talking about the last link or did you download the old mixes?

In this one I think the bass is loud enough and there wasn't any rumbling (even on 2 quite boomy setups I checked for this). The bass tracks they sent me are quite muddy and ringing in the 100-150hz area so it's quite tricky to have it more pronounced.

BTW, is it possible you have a null around 120hz? I checked out "Let Them Fail" on your player and that's exactly the range that's sticking out a bit too much in the mix.