Am I the only one here who likes SHADOWS FALL???

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Damnit to Hell , Am I the only one here who likes Shadows Fall. I've met the band and they are really nice "down to earth guys." Some people call them "metal-core" but to me they remind me of traditional METAL in the vein of IRON MAIDEN, METALLICA, ANTHRAX,TESTAMENT, JUDAS PRIEST, ETC... I know alot of people don;t like the singer but, he reminds me of Joey Belladona of ANTHRAX and has "Death METAL VOX". Their Guitarist KICK ASS ( Jon Donais & Matt Bachand) and they have done covers of everyone from PINK FLOYD, MOTLEY CRUE, DANGEROUS TOYS, ETC...They aaare not "metal-core" and they "KICK ASS"

It doesn't interest me. It doesn't catch my fancy. Another way of saying it might be that they bore me. Too little time in the world to listen to bands that bore me, I'm afraid. Attention must be given to bands that actually pique my interest!

I don't think that I can elaborate on this any more.

I like them, but I don't listen to them much. I don't like the singers voice. And I hate to tell you, but they are metalcore. But don't give up all hope, they have thrash and melodeath influences, definitely :)

No you're not the only one, I too like them. This isn't a big deal though, you don't need to find out who likes them and what not. Some people do, some people don't. Music is art, it's okay.

On the Metalcore or not subject, they were the first band I heard labeled metalcore so since then I've judged other metalcore bands by their standard so I've always considered them that genre.

I don't like them.

reasons: To me, they sound like a cookie-cutter band that fits a certain genre and style that is very popular nowadays. As far as I’m concern, they could have being born in Guthernburg, Sweden, and call themselves SoilWork.
To some people they sound “heavy” and interesting, but to me, they sound so boring, it is beyond belief that I survived listening to all of their albums without passing out.
Same ol’ riffs, same ol’ song structure same ol’ screams… *yawns*
Heard it all before, and quit frankly Ive heard it before from better bands so…
Why even bother?
Nothing is unique about Shadows Fall..... at least to me.

With that being said, I have to admit that when I saw them live I actually enjoyed it.
I guess seeing them live is not as bad as listening to their music at home.

‘

There's nothing special about them, nothing unique, nothing that makes me go "wow". The guitars sound good (like anyone that uses a Krank Amp) and they are pretty talented musicians, but between the style of playing and the singer, they sound like any other band out there.

They are a dime a dozen, and to me.. they sound like another "Killswitch Engage"

they are alright and good enough if you like listening to metal and not that garbage on the radio.

I have their Art of Balance cd, and I haven't really been into it. There are some riffs that catch my attention, but their overall sound just doesn't interest me. Some of their songs are way to happy melodic like what you hear in nu-metal songs, although they aren't nu-metal at all. Listen to "Inspiration On Demand" that song just bores me because it has that melodic radio sound IMO.

I think they fit into metalcore, but that isn't always a bad thing. If you dig metalcore, then go for it, they are probably the premium metalcore band if anything.

Well with all this said, I still like them. I don't think they're the greatest band in the world or anything, but they do Kick ass live. I can see where they can sound the same with song structure, riffs, screams, etc.. As for being another Killswitch Engage, I don't think so. I've seen both bands live and Shadows Fall are way better. I guess the reason I like Shadows Fall is because when I first heard them there was a bunch of nu-metal out and I realized these guys had guitar solos which was missing from music at the time. Oh well to each his own.

The vocalist can't sing period. Why attempt singing when you sound embarassing.

I saw them live too Karen and didnt mind them, but on CD, I dont find them terrible or anything... I just dont care to listen to them, they dont impress me enough to bother. But its not like they hurt my ears or anything.