Am I the only one here who likes SHADOWS FALL???

I think shadows fall are a really great band, The Art of Balance is an amazing album in my opinion. They are supposed to be in that "nwoahm" thing but i definetly wouldn't class them as metalcore, because they are not.

I do however agree that the vocalist can't sing for shit and should stop attempting.

I really really hate the hardcore scream/clean vocal chorus formula that bands like Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, and more recently God Forbid utilize.

My philosophy has always been:

If you're gonna sing, then sing.
If you're gonna scream, then scream.
If you're gonna sing, you can scream once in a while.
If you're gonna scream, GODDAMNIT DO NOT SING!

The only exception to this rule is Opeth. Earthly rules seem not to apply to Mikael Åkerfeldt.

Brooks said:
The only exception to this rule is Opeth. Earthly rules seem not to apply to Mikael Åkerfeldt.

Mikael is God :) He can do whatever the fuck he wants :worship:

That really made me look like a fangirl. -.-

Me myself have to say that i like shadows fall not one of my favorite bands but yeah i like them main reason cause i love the way they play there music but i wish they had more longer solos.

i'd say they're pretty good. my brother has Art of Balance and War Within, which seem to be pretty decent compared to all the other crap out there today.

the first time i heard them, it was in one of the slow parts of a song (no clue which one), and i honestly thought that Joey Belladonna was singing, but then when he started screaming i knew it wasnt him. i actually dont mind his screams, but to each his own

With so much crap out there I can't believe all the bad criticism on Shadows Fall. Great drumming, great riffs, NWOAHM, and Massachusetts saved metal!!!!!

I like Shadows Fall myself. Never seen em live, but I still enjoy their albums. I have no real reason why I like em, I just do.

But don't rely too heavily on my opinion, I like a lot of bands most people on this board don't (CoB, Metallica's Load and Reload era NOT ST ANGER, Tourniquet)... expecting flames now.

MetalMessiah9999 said:
Judging a band based on their genre, nice.

I'm not saying all metalcore is bad. Most of it is, and its taking the place of nu-metal. Also I see no problem judging a band by their genre: Black Metal(for example) is black metal, it has the same basic principle sound as other genres do, if tremolo picking and blastbeats aren't your thing, and you know it, then there is no problem saying you don't like a band based on the genre.

I like them as well, they are always great live and I love all their CDs. They are as close to old school thrash as we'll probably hear in a while. Also, Matt Bachand does a lot of the clean vox, it's not all Brian Fair...and comparing Brian Fair to Joey Belladonna is probably the worst comparison I've ever seen in my life, just thought I'd mention that.