AMARANTHE #1 on Billboard HeatSeekers charts

Just so I’m clear… you don’t like it when “people feel they absolutely must be negative”, but believe anyone who doesn’t share your perspective should be referred to as a “dick”?

Good question. Not at all.

My entry to the discussion was precipitated by yet another person stating some is or is not metal. True, any reasonable reading of the post by marjas1980 indicates it is only his opinion. And he is entitled to his opinion. Even to air it.

It just sounds so damned elitist. I guess that is what bridles me. Success by Amaranthe can be a doorway to success by other bands and they truly have a cross-genre sound than can ease that transition. Like them or not, their success is a good thing as is the success of other bands.

I want America to realize there are other metal choices than the old standby's of the past 30 years (Metallica, Slayer, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc).) Good bands all but there is plenty of other interesting stuff out there.

Nor is metal just Death Metal or Metalcore (and I know, the two are very different).

Not to compare them but I want to see bands like Amaranthe, Kingcrow, MindMaze, Seven Kingdoms, A Sound of Thunder, Headspace, and Myrath get more recognition here, in the United States. Amaranthe's sound makes them a fantastic transitional group.

Maybe they are metal, maybe they are not. Maybe Amaranthe played ProgPowerUSA XIII because Glenn was feeling perversely mischievous.

Anyway, back on point. Disagreement with me is not being a dick. I guess those kind of "they ain't metal" type of comments leave me disappointed because I thought (and still think) metal is a broad umbrella of musical approaches that welcomes innovation. If we accept Death Metal and Symphonic Metal as members of the metal family, then I would think Pop or Dance Metal would be included as well. But maybe not.

Anyway, I have said my piece. Flamed or ignored, I can't see any real reason to keep explaining myself. At least as matters stand now. Maybe something new will be added that will entice me back to this particular thread...:rolleyes:

From Olof Morck:

BOOM! AMARANTHE's 'Drop Dead Cynical' has just entered Billboard's Top 40 Mainstream Rock radio charts! Also featured in this week's Chart Highlights! Happy! grin emoticon

Mainstream Rock Songs
*** No. 1 (1 week)*** "I Am Machine" Three Days Grace
Greatest Gainer No. 10 "Apocalyptic" Halestorm
Debut No. 29 "Weight Of Love" The Black Keys
Debut No. 36 "Cigarette Daydreams" Cage The Elephant
Debut No. 39 "Drop Dead Cynical" Amaranthe
Debut No. 40 "All Bad Things" Motley Crue