AMARANTHE #1 on Billboard HeatSeekers charts

the misconception being that Amaranthe considers *themselves* metal…Spinefarm is marketing them towards the Sirius Octane crowd..Halestorm, Within Temptation, etc..and it's working..they are one of the hottest rock bands out there right now..like it or not.

the misconception being that Amaranthe considers *themselves* metal…Spinefarm is marketing them towards the Sirius Octane crowd..Halestorm, Within Temptation, etc..and it's working..
Spinefarm is marketing them to the Octane crowd, because that's the crowd most likely to buy what they're selling. If I ran Spinefarm, I would do the same thing. Well, if I ran Spinefarm, it would be a much better label... but I digress. :heh:

I'm glad somebody said it.

Wicked Wisdom was a short lived hobby of Mrs Will Smith whose only claim to fame was who the singer was married to and paying to get on Ozzfest…meanwhile Amaranthe are on their 3rd album..a hugely successful tour with Within Temptation and are all over rock radio…no comparison :heh:

This is not metal and Heatseekers chart is for albums that didn't really enter the top 100. I think this album sold around 3400 units, which is not great. If not for Elize I dont think this band would be on the radar.

Can I provide you a list for your approval?
Sure. PM me if you like. Work has been a bit crazy lately, so it might take me a few days to get through it all, depending on how many questions you have. :loco:

I was completely unaware that metal was a conformist community.
It's not at all. There’s lots of great music out there and metal fans shouldn’t limit themselves to only the bands classified as metal. For instance, Duran Duran is one of my all-time favorite bands. However, I didn’t start a thread on here when their most recent release hit #29 on the (actual) Billboard charts. :heh:

Sure. PM me if you like. Work has been a bit crazy lately, so it might take me a few days to get through it all, depending on how many questions you have. :loco:

It's not at all. There’s lots of great music out there and metal fans shouldn’t limit themselves to only the bands classified as metal. For instance, Duran Duran is one of my all-time favorite bands. However, I didn’t start a thread on here when their most recent release hit #29 on the (actual) Billboard charts. :heh:

Remember that point where TDD probably thought "hey I'm just joking around pushing buttons, for fun, not sure why people are getting annoyed". and everyone else was thinking, "Ok we get it, just give it a rest".

Yea....

I don't get why metal fans take it as an insult that someone legitimately thinks a band isn't metal. Who cares what kind of music they play? Why does it HAVE to be metal? Like, what if Amaranthe came out and said tomorrow that they consider themselves to be a "hard rock" band - would you not go to their shows anymore or something?

I actually wanted to post this sentiment in the Volbeat thread way back when where the same discussion broke out. It's just so weird to me that people care so much that the band they like has to be metal, and if someone doesn't think otherwise it's a direct insult to the band and the fans. Weird.

I don't get why metal fans take it as an insult that someone legitimately thinks a band isn't metal. Who cares what kind of music they play? Why does it HAVE to be metal? Like, what if Amaranthe came out and said tomorrow that they consider themselves to be a "hard rock" band - would you not go to their shows anymore or something?

I actually wanted to post this sentiment in the Volbeat thread way back when where the same discussion broke out. It's just so weird to me that people care so much that the band they like has to be metal, and if someone doesn't think otherwise it's a direct insult to the band and the fans. Weird.

Eh. I don't find it really insulting if someone says a band isn't metal. However, the way in which someone says it isn't metal usually is them saying because it isn't metal, it isn't good. Plus, the whole these bands are metal and these aren't argument is so obnoxious. Can't we just talk about if they're good or not?