AMARANTHE announces US headline tour

For those hoping for more US dates, I'd say it's unlikely.

Looking at the other dates on their site, I'd guess that very few or no more US dates will be added. They have European dates going pretty much right up to the start of the US tour, and then starting again a week after the last listed US date.

There might still be a couple added (there are a couple of days "off" in the schedule), but there simply isn't room for many. Bummer...I was kinda hoping for something vaguely near NC, too.

Looking at the other dates on their site, I'd guess that very few or no more US dates will be added. They have European dates going pretty much right up to the start of the US tour, and then starting again a week after the last listed US date.

There might still be a couple added (there are a couple of days "off" in the schedule), but there simply isn't room for many. Bummer...I was kinda hoping for something vaguely near NC, too.

Well when you think about it, at this point it probably isn't that financially feasable for them to do an extended tour here in the states, considering its their first tour and their second album only sold 1,000 something in its first week. Pretty good sales figures for a band with only one show in the states under their belt though, but i'm sure they'll come back to do a more extensive headline tour, perhaps for their next album.

Well when you think about it, at this point it probably isn't that financially feasable for them to do an extended tour here in the states, considering its their first tour and their second album only sold 1,000 something in its first week.

Normally I would agree with you on that statement, but Spinefarm is really investing in Amaranthe for a North American break. Money is probably not the biggest concern for this tour, as much as, solidifying their name in the market.

Pretty good sales figures for a band with only one show in the states under their belt though, but i'm sure they'll come back to do a more extensive headline tour, perhaps for their next album.

I bet there will be plenty of opportunities to see Amaranthe in the US within the next year or two.

If anything, it would seem possible that they go to Las Vegas and Los Angeles or Phoenix and Los Angeles to round out the tour. In terms of driving (and the costs associated), heading out to Denver after St. Paul without any plans to go further West would seem a bit odd.

Given how great Amaranthe was at PP when they had equipment issues, I'd love to see them perform with everything working as expected. Here's hoping they come to Portland, Seattle, or Vancouver BC.

I want to hear no excuses from anybody about why they can't make it out to one of these shows if it is near them. I am going to be 37 weeks pregnant when they come around to NYC, and I will try my hardest to be there!

How did I not know about that? Congratulations, Jill!!!!!

Honest question, as I know VERY little about this band or their popularity......

What would a show like this seriously expect to draw each night????

Two touring bands, one being from overseas with many members?

Not at all knocking the band. Just surprised they didn't try to support another power / prog band as a co-headliner first before going out on their own.

I mean, let'e be honest. Kobra and the Lotus aren't exactly going to be a deciding factor for anyone on this.

Honest question, as I know VERY little about this band or their popularity......

Not at all knocking the band. Just surprised they didn't try to support another power / prog band as a co-headliner first before going out on their own.

I mean, let'e be honest. Kobra and the Lotus aren't exactly going to be a deciding factor for anyone on this.

Honestly, I have no idea. I can't see it being that many.

Though for a band that was virtually unknown, and had absolutely NO marketing or shows in the USA (aside from ProgPower), to sell 1,400 copies the first week of release of their first American-released disc (it was their sophomore album, but the first one didn't get a North American release) kind of shows something.

As I said before, I think this is more of a test-run to get their name out there a bit prior to getting the bigger support slots (which they will) in North America. Add that to a nice chunk of label support from Spinefarm, and you have a win-win situation, especially if you consider who their booking agency is (it's the same company who books small bands such as Metallica, Linkin Park, Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Volbeat, HIM...). You shouldn't be surprised to see Amaranthe become very popular in the USA within the next year to two.

One more thing. I find it HIGHLY UNLIKELY that you'll see a lot of tours here in North America where Amaranthe will be supporting Power/Prog metal bands. I have zero insider info about this, but I'd expect to see them supporting more "mainstream" heavier acts (think of the "mainstream" heavier acts, Revolver magazine cover artists - In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, etc....)

It's the only explanation I can think of.

If anything, it would seem possible that they go to Las Vegas and Los Angeles or Phoenix and Los Angeles to round out the tour. In terms of driving (and the costs associated), heading out to Denver after St. Paul without any plans to go further West would seem a bit odd.

That's true...hadn't considered the distance for those last two dates. Chicago to St. Paul isn't too bad, but it's almost 1000 miles from St. Paul to Denver, just to end it there? Hmmm....maybe they'll add a date or two after that, anyway?

I'd assumed they'd left a little over a week between Denver and resuming in Europe in order to rest up, etc. Either way, I don't see any hope of dates closer to me (NC) at this point.

Honestly, I have no idea. I can't see it being that many.

Though for a band that was virtually unknown, and had absolutely NO marketing or shows in the USA (aside from ProgPower), to sell 1,400 copies the first week of release of their first American-released disc (it was their sophomore album, but the first one didn't get a North American release) kind of shows something.

As I said before, I think this is more of a test-run to get their name out there a bit prior to getting the bigger support slots (which they will) in North America. Add that to a nice chunk of label support from Spinefarm, and you have a win-win situation, especially if you consider who their booking agency is (it's the same company who books small bands such as Metallica, Linkin Park, Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Volbeat, HIM...). You shouldn't be surprised to see Amaranthe become very popular in the USA within the next year to two.

One more thing. I find it HIGHLY UNLIKELY that you'll see a lot of tours here in North America where Amaranthe will be supporting Power/Prog metal bands. I have zero insider info about this, but I'd expect to see them supporting more "mainstream" heavier acts (think of the "mainstream" heavier acts, Revolver magazine cover artists - In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, etc....)

It's the only explanation I can think of.

I think you kit the nail on the head here. I could see them touring with someone like Epica, but more likely we should seem them supporting more mainstream heavier acts. I don't know what THEY are expecting to draw, but I would expect 150-250 per night if they were playing in San Francisco. Maybe add 50-100 more for a weekend show. Depends a bit on the venue and promoter, as an active promoter can bring in more people than someone that books it and doesn't tell anyone about it. Hard to say though since it will be their first time through.

I have no idea what the intentions are for these shows. Last I heard, they were supposed to be doing something a bit bigger in the Fall in the US, but maybe it fell through. I would guess that these shows could be just "showcases" for bigtime industry people who may want to work with the band. They could also be "feeler" shows to test the waters and see how many people come out to see the band on short notice. If the crowds are good, management will push them harder here.

My understanding is that the gaps that are in their schedule as of now are shows that are booked but not 100% confirmed. If they fall through, they are break days, if not, they are show days. Your guess is as good as mine as to where they are.
I think their aim is to test the waters touring in the states, before either getting set up with a "mainstream" metal act as stated before (although I am befuddled as to how In This Moment is one of those), or getting put on with a big name prog/power band bill as a co-headliner as opposed to support.
From what I've heard, they are planning on coming back in the fall as well. Here's to hoping they get paired with an up and coming mainstream, like Volbeat. That would be a pants pee-er for me. I would buy that in a second.

My understanding is that the gaps that are in their schedule as of now are shows that are booked but not 100% confirmed. If they fall through, they are break days, if not, they are show days. Your guess is as good as mine as to where they are.
I think their aim is to test the waters touring in the states, before either getting set up with a "mainstream" metal act as stated before (although I am befuddled as to how In This Moment is one of those), or getting put on with a big name prog/power band bill as a co-headliner as opposed to support.
From what I've heard, they are planning on coming back in the fall as well. Here's to hoping they get paired with an up and coming mainstream, like Volbeat. That would be a pants pee-er for me. I would buy that in a second.

No joke. Volbeat with Amaranthe as an opener would be all sorts of awesome.

The tour poster says more dates to be announced.

tumblr_m7qb5pqWRq1rourauo1_400.jpg