SEVEN KINGDOMS to support AMARANTHE/STRATOVARIUS co-headline tour!!

I hope Amaranthe having a US booking agent means that they plan on touring the US at some point. Enjoyed the heck out of their set at PP. Kamelot may be looking at having to get a new female backing vocalist.

This is why I'm predicting Amaranthe and The Agonist will be the openers for Kamelot's U.S. headlining tour in 2013

Do you have any idea what Amaranthe sales figures are in Europe? They're huge. They are the best selling debut in the history of Spinefarm. Their US booking agent is also the same person who books LINKIN PARK (and they don't even have a US deal for their first album!!). That gives you an idea!!

Believe me, I was surprised as well at first...

I heard Spinefarm was putting them out in the US now that they just opened a US office.

***ARRRGGGHHH... Sorry..meant to reply and I ended up editing your post instead with my own stuff (which I deleted).
tumblr_maqiokpnAX1rani6to1_1280.jpg

We may as well end the discussion here before it gets very ugly anyway.
LOL. No worries.

This is why I'm predicting Amaranthe and The Agonist will be the openers for Kamelot's U.S. headlining tour in 2013

I have a feeling that Amaranthe will be on Kamelot's tour (which would be beyond awesome) but i'm hoping The Agonist isn't. Their singer is talented but the band is just awful.

*sigh* they grow up so fast.

CONGRATS many times over to SEVEN KINGDOMS!! A well-deserved spot on an awesome tour! I know this is something the band has dreamed of since I first met them.

Camden, just remember the little people - or at least the one who dragged your carcasses out of Florida, *points at self* - when you're rich & famous and touring the world. :Spin:

*sigh* they grow up so fast.

CONGRATS many times over to SEVEN KINGDOMS!! A well-deserved spot on an awesome tour! I know this is something the band has dreamed of since I first met them.

Camden, just remember the little people - or at least the one who dragged your carcasses out of Florida, *points at self* - when you're rich & famous and touring the world. :Spin:

hehe i dont think we are going to be rich and famous anytime soon! And Hoyt, you have been the man since 2009! Its even in the credits! lololol

thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm very glad to see such a positive vibe from the announcement. Just need to get over there, kick ass and get our international feet wet! hopefully this is just the beginning :)

Thus putting the kabosh on the notion that people in Europe have better musical tastes than their contemporaries in the U.S. On a brighter note, Amaranthe does answer the age old question; what would happen if New Kids on the Block had to finance a Crystal Meth addiction by robbing Hot Topic stores.

Congrats to the folks from the Kingdoms of 7. Much deserved. The new disc is superb.
Sometimes, you gotta give the public what it wants. If you stick to your principles, have great material and musical intellect, and are not willing to sell out, you end up like Evergrey. If you decide you want to sell a fuckton of albums and become very popular, you just have to get someone hot out front and back them with growly vocals and catchy guitars, like Amaranthe. Speaking of Evergrey and Amaranthe, what about THIS combo?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you stick to your principles, have great material and musical intellect, and are not willing to sell out, you end up like Evergrey.
Well, in all fairness, Evergrey moved in a much more Hard Rock direction on MMA, seemingly in attempt to garner a wider audience. Not sure I'd use them as the standard-bearer for sticking to your principles. Regardless, Evergrey ended up having a fair amount of success in the states, including videos on MTV.

Well, in all fairness, Evergrey moved in a much more Hard Rock direction on MMA, seemingly in attempt to garner a wider audience. Not sure I'd use them as the standard-bearer for sticking to your principles. Regardless, Evergrey ended up having a fair amount of success in the states, including videos on MTV.

As a big fan of Evergrey, I remember that MTV2 wasn't rotating their videos when MMA came out, it was when The Inner Circle came out. Not arguing with you, but it does speak volumes (IMO) that sometimes trying to appeal to an audience doesn't always work.

Explain, because I'm having a hard time understanding your logic.

Unnecessary potshot at Evergrey aside, what he is saying that there's nothing wrong with an act that tries to appeal to more people, and all I'll even add that that goes double when the act actually succeeds at it. I don't like bands JUST because they're mainstream, or have mainstream appeal, but I do respect ALL mainstream bands. Not necessarily for their music, but for the fact that they can establish themselves and make money in an era where the music business is losing money. Amaranthe is an example of that. I don't care about their music one bit, but if they can sell music, it's good for everybody. And as much as the dungeon masters may disagree, "mainstream" bands getting more people into music and getting them to buy the more underground stuff via the inevitable gateway effect is a good thing because it keeps music being made.