ORPHANED LAND TO SUPPORT PARADISE LOST !!!!

Here's some pics of Paradise Lost gig in Belgrade, Serbia:

S3700044.jpg

e3974f65.jpg

Finally I have a quiet moment to write a few words here... about the OL gig last Tuesday!!

As all the reviews I read here, OL gig was great. A bit short :p but that was what I expected, being them supporters. They played the same setlist that some wrote above, if I'm not wrong... I personally loved to hear "The Birth of The Three", my favourite song from "Mabool", the melodies of this song and the complexity make it big! And one thing that called my attention in the gig was the sample with the "angel" choir, it sounded loud and clear making it even more magestic and angelic. Another song that I remember particularly is "A Neverending Way", an intimate moment in the storm! Beautiful and spine chilling, also live! :)
As for the performance itself, they all seemed to be enjoying the moment, and that was great. Kobi cheering the people, Yossi with a big smile in his face during the whole show, Eden jumping and smiling, Uri a bit serious but living the moment and Matti and Avi also seemed to be happy on stage.

I can say that many people loved the gig. I heard people shouting “Kobi” and other things (good ones of course) to the band and after every song there was a warm aplause!

After Paradise Lost gig we joined the guys, which were at the merchandising stand, ask for sings... but the staff of the venue inmediately told us to go out because they have to close. We got a bit angry on this, as well as Kobi and the others... Anyway, we manage to see them again outside the venue and then we had all the sings, pics and chats with them : ) Nice people, yes! :D

Great memories will stay in my mind! :) Hope to see OL again soon. Perhaps, in Summer Breeze......

@Nathalie: I don't know if you'll read this before your depart... Anyway, have a lot of fun on Saturday!!!! and hope you like Barcelona! :) I wish I could be there too... :(

RashomoN said:
Amaia.....but Yossi was expecting you and Saul......
didn't you say a word?
Yes, of course, we did! :) And he remembered our names! We talked with him for a while :).
Thanks again for telling him about us, Eran, it was very kind of you :)

er.. well, I'm new here so :wave: everybody
I saw Orphaned Land yesterday in Bergara, the show was great (short but :headbang: ) !! I loved it.
This guys rocks, very nice people, yup
Yossi :kickass:

Nut said:
er.. well, I'm new here so :wave: everybody
I saw Orphaned Land yesterday in Bergara, the show was great (short but :headbang: ) !! I loved it.
This guys rocks, very nice people, yup
Yossi :kickass:
Hey!! Welcome Nut, spaniard like me! :) I'm very happy to see another spaniard here! And glad to hear that you liked the gig!

you fuckers have all to go to Summer Breeze. there, once we have all met together, we are going to shake the ground and drown the earth in a 'Mabool' of beer...
other_cheers.gif

Mina Harker said:
Hey!! Welcome Nut, spaniard like me! :) I'm very happy to see another spaniard here! And glad to hear that you liked the gig!

Thank you Mina :D of course I liked the gig, it was awesome (I'm not including Paradise lost in the awesome part :p )
Now waiting for them to play around here again :)

Hypnos said:
you fuckers have all to go to Summer Breeze. there, once we have all met together, we are going to shake the ground and drown the earth in a 'Mabool' of beer...
other_cheers.gif
mmmm... summer breeze *drooling* . Too bad I'm not going there this year

Nut said:
(I'm not including Paradise lost in the awesome part :p )
You won't believe this, but the show they gave in Madrid was AWESOME, really! The sound was more than good; you could hear the voice damn clear and all the different instruments were very well balanced. It was the best sound I heard in a show! And, besides this, all the band members seemed to be enjoying the time a lot. Also the singer, within his "limitations" :p, showed us that he was feeling the songs!

But I know I was lucky, they sometimes give good shows and others, bad ones. I had seen them two times: one with Within Temptation and the other one with Deathstars. The first time was boring as hell (they looked like completely demotivated musicians), the other one was quite good. But last Tuesday, they were great. Actually, we had thought to leave for a further row by the middle of their show, but we couldn't, they kept us the attention all the time.

So, the stars weren't with you (or with PL hehe) that day, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy them as much as I did.

Mina Harker said:
You won't believe this, but the show they gave in Madrid was AWESOME, really! The sound was more than good; you could hear the voice damn clear and all the different instruments were very well balanced. It was the best sound I heard in a show! And, besides this, all the band members seemed to be enjoying the time a lot. Also the singer, within his "limitations" :p, showed us that he was feeling the songs!

But I know I was lucky, they sometimes give good shows and others, bad ones. I had seen them two times: one with Within Temptation and the other one with Deathstars. The first time was boring as hell (they looked like completely demotivated musicians), the other one was quite good. But last Tuesday, they were great. Actually, we had thought to leave for a further row by the middle of their show, but we couldn't, they kept us the attention all the time.

So, the stars weren't with you (or with PL hehe) that day, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy them as much as I did.

ops, this is my fault because I didn't explain it properly.
er... the sound of paradise lost in Bergara was perfect too, they played well but the point is that I dont enjoy Paradise Lost anymore. I think "Gothic/Icon/Shades of God" was their peak, I liked them until Draconian times. I got bored last friday at the gig *yawn* all their songs sound the same to me now, same structure, very simple. I went to the show just to see Orphaned Land :p . Although I have to agree with you, this last time was 1000000 times better than the time they played with Within Temptation :ill: But this is just my opinion, you enjoyed it, lucky you then :)
anyway, thank you for being so kind with me :oops:
asias maja :D

Nut said:
er... the sound of paradise lost in Bergara was perfect too, they played well but the point is that I dont enjoy Paradise Lost anymore. I think "Gothic/Icon/Shades of God" was their peak, I liked them until Draconian times. I got bored last friday at the gig *yawn* all their songs sound the same to me now, same structure, very simple.
This is exactly what I felt ! ;) Only "As I die", "Hallowed Land" and "Enchantment" did have some relief during the show (I saw them in Montpellier, FR).
And after 45min of permanent Iossi's and Eden's smiles, that hard to handle 1H of Nick Holmes/Greg Mc Intosh's non-smile :tickled:

Nut said:
I went to the show just to see Orphaned Land :p
So did I ! 8 hours and an half of travel by train just to see the guys ! :D

Nut said:
er... the sound of paradise lost in Bergara was perfect too, they played well but the point is that I dont enjoy Paradise Lost anymore. I think "Gothic/Icon/Shades of God" was their peak, I liked them until Draconian times. I got bored last friday at the gig *yawn* all their songs sound the same to me now, same structure, very simple. I went to the show just to see Orphaned Land :p . Although I have to agree with you, this last time was 1000000 times better than the time they played with Within Temptation :ill: But this is just my opinion, you enjoyed it, lucky you then :)
anyway, thank you for being so kind with me :oops:
asias maja :D
:oops: Ahhh, ok, I see. I'm not a big fan of PL to be honest... But I enjoy the show that night :).

My reason to go to Madrid was also OL, PL wouln't have made to travel 5h! :p

jaja, de nada!

BC-A said:
And after 45min of permanent Iossi's and Eden's smiles, that hard to handle 1H of Nick Holmes/Greg Mc Intosh's non-smile :tickled: ...
lol , indeed

btw, 8 hours and a half :OMG: , 5 hours... wow, lucky me I travelled only 1.5h by car
(we can make a pool about how many km's do we travel lol)

erm... I'm offtopic now *tiptoes out*

in the last OL's gig I've seen (in Tel Aviv).....I traveled 25 minutes by car.....
and I wish it was longer ride.....cause I took Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson home......it was quit interesting......
:hotjump:

and I hope that the next show will be at the summer breeze festival (I hope I will have the chance to go).......then I will have to take 4.5 hours flight to München......and then couple of hours to Aalen.....and then half an hour to Absgmund (by bus)......
but.....it worth it!

:headbang:

RashomoN said:
in the last OL's gig I've seen (in Tel Aviv).....I traveled 25 minutes by car.....
and I wish it was longer ride.....cause I took Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson home......it was quit interesting......
:hotjump:
Wow, I bet this was a very interesting ride...I have great respect for Steven Wilson, for both his own band as well as his work with Opeth. Have yet to discover Blackfield though...
Did you get a chance to see Porcupine Tree on their recent tour with Anathema?

sister ophelia said:
Did you get a chance to see Porcupine Tree on their recent tour with Anathema?

no.....I didn't......unfortunately.....
Porcupine Tree is one of my favourite bands.....

the only PT's gig i've seen was in november 2000......they had few gigs in Israel and since then, few members are afraid to come and play here again.....

it is quit weird.....cause Steven spending most of his time in Israel.....
:Smug: