AMARANTHE: Maximalism

Talk about a tale of two albums. Both this and the new Sonata Arctica did not make the nest first impression. Each listen of the new Sonata has me warming up more and more and discovering all these great subtle cool things. Each subsequent listen to this album and I find something else that really annoys me. 21 is just horrible it ls like a song for every bro who still unironically says "what happens in Vegas stays in vegas" in 2016. The "mic drop" thing is dumb as dirt. While there are some good songs, unfortunately they are drug down by the bad songs.

Oh this is so weird. I thought Evanescence broke up.
So I know you're being facetious but Evanescence is going strong!!! Got a new badass chick lead guitarist!! too Much better than the new Amaranthe...Oh shit did I say that aloud ;)

Bear

Jake E just posted on FB that he will be taking a break from the band. Looks like he is going solo so it will likely be a permanent break. I guess this is just something you run into with 3 vocalists, one of them leaving can totally impact your sound so much. I know there has already been a replacement for the growled vocalist, and I think it was an upgrade. I wonder who they will pick up for their replacement clean singer.

AMARANTHE - MORE DATES IN CANADA AND US ADDED TO UPCOMING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

"...Joining us on this trek will be very special guests Failure Anthem, along with special guests Citizen Zero, Cypher 16 and Smash Into Pieces for a full evening's worth of cutting edge metal from both sides of the Atlantic!..."

Tour dates:

February
10 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
11 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Bar N’ Grill
12 - San Antonio, TX - Paper Tiger
14 - Englewood, CO - Gothic Theatre
15 - Salt Lake City, UT - In the Venue
16 - Tempe, AZ - The Marquee
18 - Las Vegas, NV - Vinyl
19 - San Francisco, CA - Social halls SF
20 - Los Angeles, CA - The Belasco Theater
22 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
23 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
24 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
26 - Calgary, AB - Marquee Beer Market
27 - Edmonton, AB - The Starlite Room

March
1 - Minneapolis, MN - Cabooze
2 - Arlington Heights, IL - Home Bar
3 - Ft. Wayne, IN - The Hub
4 - Pittsburgh, PA - Rex Theater
5 - Toronto, ON - The Opera House
7 - Montreal, PQ - Corona Theatre
8 - New York, NY - Webster Hall – Marlin Room
9 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Soundstage
10 - Asbury Park, NJ - House Of Independents
11 - Reading, PA - Reverb

Jake's departure can hardly be welcome by most fans and perhaps the band as well. However, when I saw Amaranthe play at the Masq in Atlanta a couple of years back, Jake seemed really bored with it all. He sang well but Jake's expression throught the night was generally disengaged.

I realize no band member has an obligation to mix with the crowd afterward. Perhaps Jake was even feeling poorly as it was right at the end of the tour. It could have been the small crowd (it was Halloween night as well). But every other member of Amaranthe came out after the show except Jake.

I think Jake was been wanting an out for a while and finally took it. Best of luck to him. Berg has had some success with other bands and I expect he will continue to thrive.

Amaranthe will take a hit in the short term but may be revitalized by a new singer who is happy to be there. I am curious and excited to see the band take stage at the festival in 2017.

Although at this point I wonder if they shouldn't just go straight the "beauty and the beast" style. Elize is the star of this show and she'll probably eclipse any other clean vocalist you put in there with her. Unless they hire Jorn or something.