AMARANTHE: Maximalism

That interview makes it sound like he was getting edged out by Elize or in favor of Elize and more poppy sounding music. Interesting to see if he starts his own band and what kind of sound they'll have. It'll also be interesting to see if Amaranthe brings in a third singer or focuses more on the emergence of Elize.

Yea, his feelings kinda mirror mine on the new album. I know there were people out there that never liked them who dismissed the backlash against the new album as "they always sounded super poppy". But the band had a delicate mix of elements and on the newest album, they kinda screwed with the formula too much and in the wrong direction. Their fanbase started in the metal world and reached into pop. So if they did an album where they dipped too much into the metal elements they still would have been safe. but the fact they dipped too much into the pop stuff means potentially alienating their original fanbase

Reactions: orcslayr23
I really like this band BUT I hate the growler. Not needed here. These guys would be one of my favs if not for the growls.

I really like this band BUT I hate the growler. Not needed here. These guys would be one of my favs if not for the growls.

I've heard here their live performance will bring down the house & so that is what I am hoping for. I'm thinking it takes more talent to perform well on stage, and so these guys must have what it takes. So far I just haven't been able to listen to most of their recorded music for very long because its so pop oriented, and I really have to question where their heads were at recording "That Song". I've never listened to it all the way through & I've tried. "The Nexus" was a decent album & my favorite of theirs.

Last edited: